110

Chapter 110 Unyielding
If it usual, it’s just a little puddle, just stride over it and go back to her room to change into clean clothes. But today was different. Guan Suyi spent nearly an hour revising the manuscript. Seeing that the sacrificial ceremony was about to begin, if she waded through the water and after reaching the side hall, she would not even have time to change a set of sacrificial dress.

Wearing a sacrificial dress with a drenched skirt and splattered mud spots to participate in the ceremony, the above could immediately punish her for a “great disrespect” crime.

At this moment, the gorgeous and extraordinary dragon robe had absorbed water, becoming thicker and swollen, if one step on it to cross over, at most would wet the edge of the shoe and wouldn’t be splashed on any mud spots. But it was a symbol of imperial power! Who would dare to step on a few shoe prints on it? Do you want to die?

Only a barbarian like Hunnar would take it off without hesitation and use it to cover the water puddle. Perhaps his understanding of imperial power was not deep enough. When he think of this in the future, what would he think? If he want to settle the account afterwards, let alone her, afraid even ten Guan Family would not be enough for him to kill! Guan Suyi gritted her teeth in anger, not daring to step on it, but also unwilling to turn around. Hunnar was waiting for her with open arms. If she walked back and asked him to send some palace servants to cover the puddle with wooden boards, it would be the same as trying to compromise with him, what was the difference with surrendering to the imperial power?

Really unwilling! Thinking like this, Guan Suyi was about to cross the fence on the side of the path and walk into the flowerbed.

“Madam, afraid you don’t know, the shallow grass is withered and soaked with rain, if you walk over it, the water stains and mud spots will only be more than the puddle.” Emperor Sheng Yuan reminded worriedly.

Guan Suyi often traveled through mountains and rivers when she was young, how could she not know this? As soon as her hand reached the fence she hesitated, didn’t move for a long time. What’s more, in addition to shallow grass, there were all kinds of vegetation in it, and there were not a few with thorns. If the clothes were torn or the hair was messed up, it would only make her more embarrass. It seemed that she had nowhere to go except stepping on the dragon robe.

“What do you think of imperial power?” she asked back.

Emperor Sheng Yuan took two steps forward and said in a gentle tone, “Before, Zhen only regarded it as a tool to survive. Because if Zhen is not the emperor, the other option is to die. Later, through Madam’s advice, Zhen slowly came to understand that imperial power is not only Zhen’s personal right, it’s also the right of the common people in the world, and the common people in the world are even more important. The journey to the Great Way, the world is for the public*, Zhen can accomplish it, and it is slowly being realized. So Zhen thought the imperial power is very heavy, but it’s also very light. It’s heavy enough to help the common people of the world, light enough to give up a dragon robe, just to make Zhen’s woman walk more smoothly. After all, Zhen is a human being, and Zhen also have feelings and selfish desires. Madam, you just go forward, Zhen cushioned you under your feet, support you by your side, follow you at the back, and waiting for you at the front. No matter where you want to go, Zhen will accompany you.”

He bowed deeply and cautiously.

Guan Suyi was indeed a little moved, but only a little. Power might seem tempting, but it would destroy her peaceful life. This person was so sincere now, but how could she be sure that he wouldn’t turn his face in the future? The imperial family was ruthless, he now still not understand that his power and majesty would grow stronger in the future, and this would gradually be eroded. As Han Feizi said in the “Bei Nei” – the trouble of the master lies in believing in people, and believing in people, then controlled by people*.