24

Chapter 24 Until We Meet Again

Zhao Chunxi originally came to ask for a dowry, but didn’t expect she would be belittled by her stepmother. How could she be happy? She seldom mentioned her mom in front of her daddy, but because she was really angry in her heart, after thinking about it and thinking about it, she still retorted, “Mother don’t look down on my maternal family, now Jieyu niangniang who is in charge of the sixth palace has surname Ye, and she is the sister from the same mother of my mom.

Zhao Luli thought that his daughter knew nothing about his wife’s identity. Hearing her mention Ye Zhen in a proud tone, his heart ached.

Guan Suyi picked up a thin porcelain bowl the size of a palm, slowly scooped the turtle soup, she said slowly, “Your aunt have saved the emperor’s life, this is her good fortune, otherwise, based on the Ye family’s status, she will never be able to enter the palace. Such good luck is rare, you just have to look at it, don’t take it seriously. Let’s discuss our marriage and married in an upright manner, don’t covet those undeserved wealth and honor.” When the words fell, she handed the bowl to Zhao Luli, and said softly, “Lord Marquis, drink the soup. ”

“Thank you madam. “Zhao Luli’s voice was hoarse and his face was gloomy, obviously stabbed in his sore spot. Yes, if it wasn’t for his father and mother coveting the undeserved wealth, how could he and Zhen’er have separated? If his daughter was fascinated by the power of the imperial family, and determined to plant herself in, how would their mother and daughter get along in the future?

Clenching his fist hard, Zhao Luli said sternly, “Don’t talk about your aunt. Your aunt married into the palace, that is the blessing of your aunt and the Ye family, and has nothing to do with us. All you have to do is follow your mother to learn how to run the family, in the future, you can find a steady and reliable husband from the right household and live a steady life.”

Zhao Chunxi rarely saw his father’s stern expression, so she couldn’t help being frightened, and nodded quickly in agreement, her eyes were slightly red.

Guan Suyi tucked the falling hair on her cheek to the back of her ear, as if affectionate, “Okay, don’t be sad, I’m just saying a few words for your own good, otherwise I might as well not mention anything and let your daddy make a mess. Your dad doesn’t understand anything, and it almost delayed your future. If you follow me in the future, I will teach you. The world’s requirements for women are inherently harsh, not to mention the mistress and matriarch who are responsible for the family’s reproduction and prosperity.  Among virtue, speech, performance, and appearance. Virtue ranks first, it means being upright and establishing the foundation; speech and performance, one is to be cautious in words and deeds, and the other is the way of running a family, which also includes the husband and the children, serving the elders, increasing income and reducing expenditure and so on; appearance ranked last, but it does not mean beautiful appearance and good looks, but more dignified and sophisticated, calm and broad. So you see, there are so many things you need to observe here, and there is enough for you to learn before you get married.”

Zhao Chunxi felt her whole body numb from her cool fingertips, but she couldn’t evade in front of her father. Those words were all for her own good. If she showed any disgust or grievance, it would seem that she didn’t know what was good for her, so she could only bite the bullet and expressed her gratitude.

Zhao Luli saw that the two of them were “get-along” well together, and his gloomy expression was gradually replaced by relief. At this moment, Zhao Wangshu walked in reluctantly and said in a muffled voice, “Mother, are you looking for me?”

“School is over?” Guan Suyi waved at him, “Come and have dinner together.”

Zhao Wangshu hesitated for a moment, and finally sat down beside his sister.