118

Chapter 118 Probing
The married woman’s hair bun was changed into a hanging bun, the gold and silver bead hairpins were removed, and only inserted a pink rose that was freshly cut on the temple. Guan Suyi led Mu Mu to the main house to greet her mother.

Seeing her daughter dressed in an unmarried girl’s style, Zhong shi was stunned for a while, until Mu Mu stepped forward and shouted “grandmother” in a milky voice.

“Good boy, come over and let your grandmother take a look.” There were not many children in the family, so Zhong shi naturally loved Mu Mu very much. Since the first day, she regard him as her precious darling, throwing her daughter behind. Guan Suyi smiled at the two of them and slowly made tea.

“Mom is also very good. As soon as I said that grandmother was going to whip her, she immediately got up.” Mu Mu did not forget to help out his adoptive mother.

“I know what kind of virtue she is. When she is diligent, she sleeps later than the dog and wakes up earlier than the chicken; when she is lazy, she can lie down all day, even eat, drink, poop and pee all on the bed. This time returning home after reconcile, she is so free, grandmother expected that she would sleep until the sun hit three pole before she woke up.” Zhong shi pointed out the window, “Look, if Mu Mu hadn’t called you up in time, the old man and your father would have already return from to court, and when they saw that you’re still asleep, they will give you a round of thrashing.”

Guan Suyi quickly clenched her palms and said bashfully, “Mother, how can you expose my unsavory past in front of my son? How can I teach him in the future?”

“It’s good to know that you can’t teach, but you should lead by example.” Zhong shi poked her daughter’s forehead with eyes full of smile.

Seeing this scene, Minglan was used to it, but Jinzi couldn’t recover for a long time. It turned out that the mature and prudent, shrewd and resolute Madam behave like this when she return to her parents’ home. She would also be lazy, stay in bed, act like a spoiled child, and pretend to feel wronged. After all, she was just an eighteen or nineteen-year-old girl, with beautiful youth and a prime years waiting for her.

Like a flower that had withered before it bloomed and returned to the soil where it took root, it quickly became vivid and bright. Jinzi sighed at Madam’s transformation, why wouldn’t Zhong shi not be happy? Holding Mu Mu in one hand and holding her daughter in the other, she was reluctant to let go.

After chatting for about a quarter of an hour, a report came from outside, saying that the old master and the master were back, then Zhong shi asked someone to deliver the lunch, not forgetting to tease, “Sleep until lunch time, among all women in Yanjing, afraid you’re the only one left. Mu Mu, don’t learn from your mom!”

“Mom is too tired recently. She has to recite the scriptures for the late Empress Dowager for nine, nine, eighty-one days. Only sleep for one day is not enough, still need to sleep for a few more days.” Mu Mu explained seriously, provoking Zhong shi’s great love, she put her arms around him and called him her baby.

Guan Suyi grabbed his chubby hand and kissed him hard, and laughed, “Mom didn’t love you in vain. In the future, our Mu Mu will be the most filial and outstanding child in Yanjing.”

“No way!” The old man walked in with a laugh, and while taking off his official hat, he rolled his sleeves and said, “This time I will teach him personally, no one is allowed to interfere! In this lifetime, I must cultivate a great Confucian scholar of the whole generation, and fulfill the mantle of my Confucianism.”

Guan Father followed closely with a helpless expression. Didn’t the old man’s words imply that he taught Yiyi badly? What’s the big deal? Did he have talk about it all the time?