161

Chapter 161 Drunken Madness
After about a quarter of an hour, Bian Min’er came out of the side hall with the support of two maids, washed her face, changed her clothes and hairstyle, held her head high, and looking arrogant. She walked back to Madam Bian and took a seat, staring straight at the nine-turn bridge, it’s unknown what she was thinking.

Madam Bian looked her up and down and saw that the redness on her face had subsided a little, she nodded with satisfaction, “After today, you will become the Empress of Wei, you can’t act as recklessly as you did just now. No matter how much fire you have in your heart, you have to bear it for me. I know you don’t like Guan family’s daughter, but the emperor likes it, so what can we do beside obeying his will. When the two of you enter the palace in the future, she will still have to live under your thumbs, and if you want to rectify her, there will be many opportunities. People is already under the nose, are you still afraid that she will run away?”

“Mother, I understand.” Bian Min’er seemed to have calmed down, and was about to drink a few sips of hot tea to sober up, when she heard two Han noblewomen talking in a low voice, “You saw the phoenix hairpin on Miss Guan’s head? It has nine tails, only the empress is qualified to wear it.”

“These golden-bright and dazzling thing, who couldn’t see it? She clearly didn’t have it when she first came, but after she went to Changle Palace it suddenly appeared. I’m afraid that the empress seat has already fall into her hand.”

“Exactly. His Majesty doesn’t say it, but in fact, it has long been implied. It has to be the most beautiful in appearance, the most talented, the most noble family background, and the highest moral character. Which one doesn’t refer to Miss Guan? After some people criticize Miss Guan as a reconcile woman, saying that she is not worthy, His Majesty immediately promulgated the law of nurturing the people, ordered men and women in Wei Kingdom to marry, and encouraged widows to remarry. If anyone want to obstruct Miss Guan from entering the palace again, they can be immediately charge with ‘violating national laws’. He has already paved the way for Miss Guan to enter the palace step by step, and cleared away obstacles one by one. Beside Miss Guan, who else can become the mother the country?”

“His Majesty has a deep affection for Miss Guan, and has good intentions!” When the two said this, they both showed a look of jealousy and envy.

Bian Min’er drank continuously while listening, and unknowingly drank two pots of wine. Madam Bian came up to snatch the wine cup, but she pushed it away forcefully, and asked, “Her phoenix hairpin can only be worn by the empress?”

“How do I know about the Han people’s stuff?” Madam Bian felt helpless, and was about to persuade her daughter in a good voice, but she suddenly threw the wine cup and walked straight to Guan Suyi, without saying a word, took off the phoenix hairpin on her head, threw it on the ground and stomped it into pieces.

“What a nine-tailed phoenix hairpin! I’ll let you wear it, I’ll let you wear it!” In full view of everyone, she actually went into a drunken madness. Not to mention that Guan Suyi and Zhong shi didn’t have time to react, even Madam Bian couldn’t recover for a long time.

In just a moment of effort, she already lifted the table in front of Guan Suyi, and scolded like a cannonball, “Whore! Han dog! You dare to be so arrogant in front of me, when you enter the palace in the future, see if I don’t kill you! Do you think Jieyu is so great? I’m still the dignified empress! My father is the general of the Central Army, in charge to defense the capital; my brother is the general of Huya, stationed in the northwest, they can buy war horses from the Hu people, and they can exchange salt, iron, and copper from Xue Mingrui. My Bian family can make our own weapons and coins, and we also sell endless private salt. I only need five years, when I give birth to the emperor’s eldest son, what are you, Guan Suyi? What is Emperor Sheng Yuan? What are several princes? You people will become my Bian family’s dogs! After all, this world belongs to my Bian family!”