EXTRA

Chapter 183 Extra (6)
Guan Suyi fell to the ground and gasped for breath. Emperor Sheng Yuan, who was holding her, stepped forward quickly and took off the painting on the wall to examine it. His deeply contoured face was hidden in the darkness, his expression could not be seen, but the hand holding the frame trembled slightly, obviously suppressing intense emotions.

It seemed that he wanted to see more clearly, but was troubled by the dim light. He walked back and forth in the hall, looking for the light source. His rapid and messy steps indicated the turmoil in his heart. In the end, he couldn’t bear the narrowness and darkness in the Buddhist hall, wanted to put the painting down, but he couldn’t find a clean place.

“Hold it for Zhen.” His voice was hoarse.

Guan Suyi hurriedly knelt up, took the painting with both hands, and placed it smoothly on her knees.

Emperor Sheng Yuan walked to a wall and ripped off the wall surface. It turned out that this Buddhist hall was not without doors and windows, but it was all completely covered by wood planks. When they were removed, countless golden rays of light rushed in, and the strong sandalwood and fishy smell all rush out of the window, replaced by cold but fresh air.

From hell to earth, it was only a moment. Guan Suyi narrowed her eyes slightly, and even had the urge to cry. A tall figure walked towards her under the cover of the radiant light, shrouding her in shadows again. She immediately restrained her emotions, presented the painting respectfully, and quickly glanced around.

Without the cover of darkness, the scene in the hall was countless times more terrifying than what she had seen before. The ground was almost covered with blood, which had already wet her embroidered shoes and skirt, the red color slowly smudged on the pale blue fabric, which looked shocking. She was startled by her appearance, looked up, but was even more horrified.

Compared to her sorry figure, Emperor Sheng Yuan dressed in a dark robe seemed very normal, but every time he took a step, he would leave a wet, blood-soaked footprint on the ground, and the heavy hems flowing with some kind of thick and glaring liquid.

Where is this Buddhist hall, this is clearly the blood pool in hell. The person in front of her was clearly an Asura who climbed up from hell! Guan Suyi tried her best to suppress her inner fear, she also knew better that her life and death catastrophe was not over yet. She lowered her eyelids, not daring to look around, and even became cautious in her breathing.

“How can you be sure,” Emperor Sheng Yuan stared at the painting and asked in a deep voice, “that this person cut open her belly to take the child out?”

Guan Suyi answered truthfully, “The woman in the painting is already covered in cuts and bruises, she’s already on the verge of death, and has no spare energy to give birth to a child. She has no other way but to open her belly and take the child out. This may seem unbelievable to you men, but as a woman, I can understand her feelings. If it were me, I would have made the same choice in the face of the same danger. The greatness of a mother’s love is far beyond people’s imagination, they are willing to give everything for their child.” If the woman in the painting was the emperor’s biological mother, it would not be wrong to say a few good things about the her.

Her guess was obviously correct. The man’s hostile face was slowly softening, and his red eyes were soaking with tears, as if he was holding back his grief.

“How do you know that the wound on her wrist was cut by herself and not caused by the demon’s bite?” he asked again.

“Judging from the painting, one of the child’s feet is still stuck in the mother’s belly and has not been completely taken out, but the wound on the woman’s wrist was already existed, wouldn’t it mean it was cut by herself? She is about to die, if others fail to help as soon as possible, she has to find a way to keep her child alive for a few more days. Apart from her own blood, she may not be able to find a better food. Again, a mother is always willing to sacrifice everything for her child.”