176

Chapter 176 Silly Dad
After listening to Hunnar’s entire nagging, Guan Suyi quickly changed the subject, “Today I went to Changle Palace to visit Empress Dowager. From her words she seems to hate me very much, and the eldest prince consort even showed a resentful look. Is there something strange with the sixth imperial grandson’s death? Could it be you…”

“No,” Emperor Sheng Yuan patted her back and comforted her, “Don’t think about it, I’m not bad enough to deal with a few weak children. The Empress Dowager wanted to find a disfigured child to replace the sixth grandson, and then secretly send the boy himself back to the clan, handed him over to several clan elders to be taken care of. Although those people stay in their homeland and never participate in the politics, their words carry heavy weight. If they’re willing to raise sixth imperial grandson, his future would definitely not be bad. However, where there are people, there’s bound to be disputes, several prince consorts seem to be in harmony on the surface, but inside they have long fought openly and secretly, forging deadly feuds. The eldest prince consort wants to send her son out, how could the other two not want to? If the sixth imperial grandson died, the remaining imperial grandsons will benefit.”

“So, it’s the work of the other two prince consorts?” Guan Suyi breathed a sigh of relief. Not long after the sixth imperial grandson died, she sent out the good news. If he was killed by Hunnar, wouldn’t it be equivalent to letting the unborn child bear the sin?

Emperor Sheng Yuan could see her concerns and comforted, “Don’t worry Madam, for you and the child, I will try my best to be a benevolent monarch. Tomorrow morning, I will announce the news of your pregnancy, and then I will amnesty the world as to accumulate blessings for you and the child.”

“Would it be too early to amnesty the world now?” Guan Suyi smiled, “What should you do when the child is born?”

“Then continue to amnesty and allow all the sinners who have been exiled to return to their ancestral homes and turn over a new leaf.” Wei Kingdom lacked people, no matter how vast the country, without farmers who farmed, it would not be able to restore its national strength. If the court could accept even the sinners, the refugees who fled to the Western Regions due to the war would return one after another. Emperor Sheng Yuan was racking his brains to recruit people, and with Madam’s pregnancy he could possibly move them.

“Everything is up to my husband.” Guan Suyi hooked her shoes with her feet, “I feel much better, I’ll continue weaving.”

“Weave what cloth, you are not allowed to weave.” Emperor Sheng Yuan hurriedly hugged her and ordered, “Jinzi, let people remove the loom.”

“Don’t! Didn’t grandmother say to let me to move around a lot? Weaving a cloth only need to step on the pedals, it won’t be tiring. I’ll weave for half an hour every day, and when I’m done, I’ll make a new set of clothes for you and the child.”

Hearing this, Emperor Sheng Yuan felt hot in his heart, and he helplessly said, “Well then, you’re only allowed to weave for an hour a day. Jinzi, Minglan, you all look after Madam carefully, don’t let her get tired.”

The two could only complied and not dare to neglect.

—-

The next day, the news of the empress’s pregnancy spread to everyone. The emperor was in an extremely happy mood. Even when he received the battle report about the defeat at the border, he did not frown, and even rejected the memorial for changing the front-line commander, encouraged Zhao Hai to fight again. Zhao Hai received the decree and became more and more loyal to the emperor.

The expense for the harem finally became a bit more generous, but all the delicious things were only sent to the Jiaofang Palace. The emperor still maintained a frugal style, so that the concubines dare not make trouble. It’s unknown since when, when the concubines met the empress, they always said “how about the little prince”, as if they were sure that the empress was pregnant with a male fetus. When the courtiers heard the news, they also placed high expectations on the empress, hoping that she would quickly give birth to the di eldest son of Wei Kingdom.