37

Chapter 37 Slap In The Face

Guan Suyi, together with Guan’s father, with great difficulty calmed down Old Master Guan, who wanted to directly rebuke Xu Guangzhi for his perverse behavior, and then went out to bid farewell.

“Xu Guangzhi is a traitorous villain, but he likes to pretend to be a gentleman. Father, you must take more precautions against him in the future. If this recommendation is not successful, he may use some dirty means.” Before getting into the carriage, Guan Suyi reminded him repeatedly. In her previous life, her grandfather’s literary name was destroyed, and her father had no hope of becoming an official, among those, there was no lack of Xu Guangzhi’s means. After all, the two were giants of Confucianism, and both their talents and abilities overwhelmed him. He was extremely jealous and wished that the Guan family could be put to death. If it weren’t at the critical moment, she married into the marquis mansion and won the protection, the Guan’s family would have been destroyed by destitute and homeless people he brought under control.

Therefore, she was grateful to the Marquis Mansion and tried her best, but in the end it ended badly. The past was over, and when she came back in this life, she must eliminate all hidden dangers one by one. Like Xu Guangzhi, a person who had talent but no virtue, it was better not to go in and out of the court and harm the people.

Guan Father nodded and said yes, and gently advised, “I already have some reservation about Xu Guangzhi in my mind, and I will never be used by him, let alone be framed. You just live your life in peace, and don’t need to worry about irrelevant people. His Majesty is wise and insightful, serve the public interest wholeheartedly. Although Ye Jieyu is his favorite concubine, he has absolutely no reason to slap the face of an important official to favor a concubine. When the time comes, I will let the Ye family understand the consequences of provoking our Guan family. ”

“Always bothering father with my trouble, daughter is not filial.” Guan Suyi’s eyes were full of tears, and she forced a smile, “Grandfather is an upright person, doesn’t know common affair, and doesn’t understand worldly wisdom, so he will inevitably offend his colleagues in the court, I hope father will be more thoughtful for him.”

Seeing that his daughter treated the old man like a child, Guan Father couldn’t help but smile, “Alright, I’ll remember. Our little Yiyi has also grown up and knows how to take care of her grandfather and father, and will be a rare good wife and mother in the future.” Recalling Zhao Luli’s indifference, he suddenly turned cold and sighed, “If there is no marriage decree, I will never let you marry into the Zhao mansion. Never mind, as long as there are me and your grandfather, the Zhao family can’t bully you half a point. Just laugh when you’re happy, scold when you’re angry, and act spontaneously. How you lived in the past is how you will live in the future, you don’t need to be timid and look forward to the future.”

“Well, I will remember too.” Guan Suyi then showed a sincere smile. The people who knew her best and protected her the most were her family.

——–

On the other side, the father and daughter bid farewell reluctantly. On this side, Emperor Sheng Yuan had returned to Weiyang Palace and was rummaging through the huge library.

“What kind of book Your Majesty wants to read, just tell the name, this servant has remember it in his mind, and will find it soon.” Baifu circled around the emperor, and was quite uneasy because he couldn’t intervene.

Although Emperor Sheng Yuan loved to read, he did not develop good habits due to his background in the army. Ordinarily after reading a book, he then threw it away, and within a few days he tossed all the books in the box. Just after he ascended the throne he lifted Baifu as the general supervisor in charge of palace affair, the imperial library was built in a similar way, and the cultural relics were not wasted.