73

Chapter 73 Beloved Wife

After everyone finished their meal, they walked to the side hall to chat about the current situation at home.

Guan Suyi took out a letter from her sleeve pocket and handed it to Zhao Luli, “This is Mr. Lu’s leave letter, saying that the elders in the clan are sick and need to go back to Langshan to take care of them, and the return date is uncertain. Except for him, there is no one in the house that resign for the time being. Your study was smashed by Zhou Tian’s subordinates a while ago, and many antique ornaments were damaged. I have ordered stewards in the front yard to register them one by one. You can take a look later and check it out to avoid any mistakes.”

“Of course I feel reassured with Madam’s work.” Zhao Luli seemed to inadvertently pat the back of his wife’s hand.

Guan Suyi felt uncomfortable with his gentle voice and intimate attitude, so she couldn’t help but move away, and continued, “No matter how reassured, you should go and have a look, you know the numbers of items in you heart. Although I tried my best to stop the raid, but many building and utensils were still ruined, and a lot of gold and silver jewelry were lost, it can be said to be a serious damage. I have sent someone to deliver a letter to the second brother, but due to the tense war at the border, he has not been able to reply for a long time. It’s probably will take a few months for him to learn the accident at home. But now it doesn’t matter, all the disasters have subsided, and he didn’t intervene, but left a righteous impression on others.”

After finished speaking, she took a small box from Minglan, placed it on the low table, and sighed, “The property you left with the old madam, the old madam passed it on to me. Because all the shop hung the name of Marquis Zhenbei at the front, when you were stripped off your title and imprisoned in the Heavenly Prison, a lot of people wanted to take advantage of someone’s misfortune and take it by force. Fortunately, I put on the signboard of General Zhengbei in time, only then able to save them, but it still lost 30% to 40% of its income. I have already sorted out the account books, you can take it back to check, and if you have any questions, just send someone to ask.”

Zhao Luli pushed the box back and said with a wry smile, “Why Madam is so distant? What’s mine is yours, what’s yours is still yours. I am very reassured to handed over these properties to you.”

Guan Suyi looked directly at him, and said firmly, “You better take your things back. Internally, I have take charge of the central feed, serve the elders, take care of sister-in-law and the children, and externally, I have to help you take care of the property and dispatch expenses. Do you think I have three heads and six arms? They all say that men are the master outside and women are the master inside, but you are good, want me to be the master inside and outside, and you as the family head is going to relax and doesn’t have to worry about anything. If so, it’s better if I exchange with you, anyway, you are very idle now.”

Zhao Luli really wanted to do something for his family, and even more wanted to make up for his wife, so he said that he would give her full authority over the property, he intend to pat the horse’s butt but didn’t expect to pat the horse’s leg, his heart was full of remorse, and he bow down to sincerely apologize. Seeing Madam turned her head away with a cold snort, revealing half a delicate profile, although her eyes, ears, mouth and nose were already vibrant, they still carried a little bit of childishness. Only then did he realize that she, when all said and done, was only eighteen years. Having encountered such a terrifying change, if she hadn’t been strong enough and kind enough, she would have left everyone in the Zhao mansion and ran back to her parents’ home to escape the disaster.

What’s even more hateful was that he had never given her a hint of warmth and tenderness before, but instead repeatedly humiliated and placed blame. No wonder now, no matter what he said or done, he couldn’t warm up Madam’s heart. If the two people changed places, Zhao Luli knew that he could never do better than her.