15

Chapter 15 Unfilial Son

Guan Suyi went back to the main house after watching the play. In the cold weather, she didn’t want to go and invited the snub, so she only ordered Mingfang to bring a few sticks of sore medicine to Jingzhe Tower to visit the young master. Mingfang thought that Zhao Luli was also there, and left happily holding the brocade box.

“Look at her frivolous appearance, even I can see it, and I thought you didn’t know anything, miss.” Minglan spit at her swaying hips from the back.

“Don’t worry about her. Mingfang is a clever person who knows how to make progress. I will find a good future for her in a few days.” Guan Suyi held a small pair of scissors in her hand, slowly trimming a few red plums branches, and inserting them into the vase one by one in the correct position. Anyhow, the days in the Marquis Mansion were not at all sad. There were good shows to watch, and there were clean courtyards and groups of servants, which much more comfortable than being a nun.

“Miss, do you want to promote her as a concubine? Be careful of nurturing tigers, invites calamity!” Minglan frowned, tried to dissuade her.

“With today mess, I manage to fool the old madam and Zhao Luli over there, but don’t forget that there is still Ye family. Just a few days after I walked in, I persuaded Lord marquis to beat his di son. How could the Ye family be willing to just let it go? Although their official position is not prominent, there is still Jieyu niangniang in the palace. They won’t openly try to rip the Guan family’s face, but it’s easy to add some blockage for me. I assume in a few days, Madam Ye will come and persuade Zhao Luli to accept Ye family’s shu daughter as a concubine. After all, she is a real aunt, which is much more reliable than an outsider like me.” After arranging a vase of red plum, Guan Suyi slowly cleaned up the fine branches and leaves on the table, her eyes a little empty.

“Ah? Lord marquis has just been married to you and take a concubine so soon, won’t it embarrass you in public?” Guan family’s father and son never accept a concubine, so Minglan looked extremely surprised. Only then that she understood why her miss could not have a sense of belonging in the Marquis Mansion. Compared with the simple and beautiful Guan house, this place was just a fire pit!

“Were men who take concubine after marrying a wife for several days can be count as few? Look at the merchant named Li in the east of the city. On the day he married his wife, he brought in three small pink sedan chairs. Others just sighed and called him romantic. This world respects men, who will sympathize with women and protect women? We are powerless to resist, we can only find joy in sorrows, that’s all. If Zhao Luli agrees to the request of the Ye family, I will just help him find a few more and carry it together, let them enter the door together to make it lively.” The tabletop was cleaned, the vase was placed by the window, Guan Suyi untied her belt and was ready to go to bed, with no sorrow on her face.

Minglan very carefully served her to lie down, in her heart pray that Miss  didn’t like lord marquis, so she wouldn’t be bruised all over her body if she couldn’t move his heart. It turns out that it was such a difficult thing to marry into a high gate. It’s better to find an honest farmer.

The lights in the main house had been turned off, Zhao Luli and the old madam still reflected on themselves for a while before rushing to Jingzhe Tower. There were bright candles inside and outside the building, and there were more servants coming and going, in and out the building, holding basins, rags and other things in their hands, and a few people pour out the broken porcelain with a dustpan. It could be seen that the debacle was not light.

Before the two approached, they heard Zhao Wangshu exasperated cursing, “Guan shi that bitch, this old man will kill her, take out my machete”, and there was a loud noise of throwing things in between. The maidservants avoided the door one after another, but Zhao Chunxi stood by the bed and kept trying to persuade him not to get angry, and to be careful of the wound.