27

Chapter 27 Take Concubine

Ye’s family was narrow-minded, liked to seek revenge over a dirty look. Even if Guan Suyi didn’t hinder them, as long as she existed for a day, it would be a thorn in Ye Zhen’s heart, not happy if it was not removed. Let alone there were two children living under her hands, made it more difficult to relax their vigilance. Due to the presence of the old madam, Liu shi could not reach her hand into the Marquis Zhenbei mansion, so after thinking about it, she had to stuff Ye Fan inside.

Ye Fan was the only di daughter of the second branch of the Ye family. The second branch was born from a concubine. In the early years, the family had already lived separately, and also had no business acumen. The small property he got was quickly exhausted, and his life was very difficult. When she was ten, Ye Fan’s father was killed by bandits on the way to do business, and her mother could not survive alone, so she had to send her back to the relative family and remarried herself.

Because of her beautiful appearance, Ye Fan quickly won the favor of the Ye family’s head, and she was brought into the main branch and raised carefully, in order to find a wealthy family to marry in the future. Becoming the first wife naturally impossible, becoming a spoiled concubine was more than enough. Ye Fan had had enough of the hard life, and she also already set her mind to drill into the deep house of the rich and powerful, and was not afraid of those shady methods.

She was only six years younger than Ye Zhen, but she separated from her parents when she was young, as they went around to do business. She didn’t remember that her relative family had only one di daughter, not a pair of twins. After being adopted by her relative family, she was provided with brocade garment and jade meals, slowly grew from a yellow-skinned little girl to a young girl with beautiful face. When she was fourteen or fifteen years old, her appearance was seven or eight points similar to Ye Zhen. It could be said the her captivating beauty made the fish sink and goose alights, hiding the moon and shaming the flowers, so her heart grew bigger, and she was extremely dissatisfied with several marriages that Liu shi picked, secretly fool around with a son of an aristocratic family.

When the two fell in love with each other, they made a pledge to get married. In order to be together in an open and honest way, they made a ruckus in front of Liu shi. Seeing that Ye Fan was so prosperous, to actually hook up with an aristocratic son, she had no alternative but to hold her nose and agreed. Unexpectedly, just after the marriage was decided, the Jiuli tribe entered the Central Plains. As a result, the fire of war continued for years, bones of the dead were exposed, many vassal states were destroyed, and the noble family giants that had stood for a thousand years without falling were also severely damaged.

When the Wei was established, Ye Fan’s fiancé was lucky enough to survive, but the family had long since fallen into disrepair. They couldn’t even afford a full meal, and could only count the glory of the past with the tablets of their ancestors. How could Ye Fan willing to endure the hardship? Looking in the mirror, she felt that she could find a better one, so she asked Liu shi to call off the wedding.

The family originally looked down on Ye Fan, who came from merchant family, but fortunately, he was only a shu son born from a singer, so it didn’t really matter. But now was different from the past. They were all counting on Ye Fan’s large dowry to live. Naturally, they opposed it fiercely, and the two families started to fight.

Ye Fan was delayed by the war, and also entangled by her fiancé’s family. If Ye Zhen hadn’t been awarded the title Jieyu, and the saint intended to support the Ye family, she would probably have to be buried in the pit she dug herself for the rest of her life. When she finally got rid the bad marriage, she was already twenty-four years old, and soon there was no way out, how could she not be in a hurry? Zhao Luli was young, handsome, and held a high position. He was the dream husband of many Wei’s noble daughters. Hearing that Liu shi was going to send her to Marquis Zhenbei mansion to be a concubine, she agreed without thinking.