EXTRA

Chapter 188 Extra (11)
Since Zhao Chunxi took over the management of central-feed, and Zhao Wangshu went to the academy to study, Guan Suyi was like a transparent person in Marquis Zhenbei Mansion. Let alone leaving the house for three months, even if she disappeared, not many people would care about her safety. Only the old madam interrogated her carefully, but in the end she also agreed. The male in marquis mansion was withering, she knew that her son spoiled his concubine and neglected his wife, but for the sake of the piece of meat in Ye Fan’s belly, she also had to pretend to be deaf and dumb. The daughter-in-law threw away everything in the mansion and went to worship the Buddha, she must have resentment in her heart. Only hope after immersing in the Dharma, she could overcome it.

Guan Suyi went up to the mountain smoothly and stayed at Jueyin Temple. Because she had to enter the palace every day, in order to let Minglan help cover for her, she had to tell the truth, only omitting the scene where she was almost strangled to death. Minglan’s face turned pale with fright, tried to discouraged her, “Miss, don’t be confused! The emperor didn’t order anyone recite the scripture, but only let you to do it. If he has wrong thought about you, what should you do? You are a sheep entering the tiger’s mouth, and there is no way to escape!”

Guan Suyi waved her hands indifferently, “If I refuse this errand, it will be called suicide. Think about it, how much do people, who grew up a heart demon because of their unknown background, will value their mother? If he let me go easily, even if he promised not to kill, I still won’t be able sleep peacefully. The so-called golden mouth jade words, it means the monarch really can’t go back on what he said, but if he wants to deal with me, there are naturally eleven thousand other ways. However, if I sincerely recite the scriptures for the late Empress Dowager, it will be different. The emperor’s last trace of warmth is placed on the late Empress Dowager, and in order to accumulate virtue for the Empress Dowager, he will never touch me. As for what you said, that he has other thoughts about me and may plotting something against me, this is even more laughable. Performing transcending ceremony for the late Empress Dowager is equivalent to observing filial piety, if he forced a woman during filial piety period, is he still human? Is he still worthy of being a son? If saying the last two times I met him, I put my little life on the line, this time it’s really safe. Your miss is not a gold ingot, anyone who sees it will like it.”

“So not only can I not refuse this errand, but I have to seize this opportunity tightly. Remembering the affection for the late Empress Dowager, the emperor will definitely protect me in the future. Of course, no matter how much I want it in my heart, I have to pretend to be reluctant on the surface, so as not to let him think that I am eager for quick success and not sincere enough, then someone else will do this errand.”

Guan Suyi tapped on the table, her tone getting colder, “You also know what kind of life I spent in marquis mansion, I simply can’t live anymore. Ye Fan gave birth to a shu son. Lord Marquis, Zhao Chunxi, Zhao Wangshu, and even the old madam all turned to her. She is also a very ambitious person. Worried that I will get in the way, she will try her best to get rid of me. If I have nothing to rely on, will I not be eaten alive by her? Now that the family all depend on me to make a living, if I fall, what’s my grandfather and parents going to do?”

She looked outside the window and sighed, “What was the situation of Guan family before? The house was dilapidated, the family had no money, the reputation is discredited, and we suffered humiliation everywhere. One more day of living, one more day of suffering. However, I married into the marquis mansion for four years, even when I’m conscientious and diligent, did Lord Marquis ever say that he wanted to pull the Guan family? In his heart, the Ye family is his serious in-law, and the Guan family is not even a poor relative. On the other hand, I visited the palace two times, and after got frightened two times, the imperial physician, medicinal materials, silver taels, and the family house were all given, and in one fell swoop, pulled the Guan family out of the quagmire that was getting deeper and deeper.”