Chapter 13

She swayed her hips as she walked back to her seat and sat down. She crossed her legs and stared up at him with her hand under her chin. "Let's speak business."

He ruffled his hair while sighing and sat down. "Anyways, I thought a lot about it and agreed to get you this job. One last thing is, we will need a proper interview with you."

"You can interview me right now." She sat straight and put her hands in her lap. "I'm not coming back here next time."

"But I don't have anything prepared right now, especially a contract." He shook his head.

She opened her phone and put it on the desk. Seung-cheol looked down at her phone and saw the voice recorder turned on.

"You can get the contract directly when I reach your house. Everything is recording right now so none of us can back off later." She tapped her nail beside her mobile phone. "Besides, an interview for a babysitter. What can you even ask about?"

"You are clever." He nodded. "Okay, I don't have your resume with me right now. You can mail it to me later. For now, you need to answer everything in detail, even if it's about your nationality."

"Got it." She gave him a thumbs-up with both of her hands.

He took a deep breath and leaned back on the sofa, also crossing his legs. "Let's start. What's your name?"

"Are you not going to write anything?"

"Everything is recording. I'll listen to it later." He shrugged.

"Oh, okay." She nodded and cleared her throat. "My name is Moon Eunji. I'm 25 years old and freshly graduated from university with a degree in bachelors of design, specified in communication design."

"Do you have any work experience?"

"I still haven't done any full-time job in a company but I have worked commissions for various companies like G.Y. Works, Tune Company, and many more."

"You have worked for big companies. I see." He rubbed his chin and nodded. "All while you were in university?"

"Yes, sir." She felt proud.

"Tell me about your family background."

"My father's name is Wen Zhiyu and my mother's name is Wen Jiayi."

"You are Chinese??" He blinked in shock.

"Yes, but I was the only one born in Korea. So, I use my Korean name most of the time. My Chinese name is Wen Eumeh."

"I see." He hummed and nodded. Eunji could see him hesitate a little after hearing about her background. "What are your parents' jobs?"

"My mother runs a flower shop while my father works as a marketing manager."

"Any siblings?"

"Two elder brothers. Both work as software engineers."

"Do they still live with you?"

"Yes, five of us live in the same house."

'No wonder she wasn't fazed by seeing someone rich. Her family is already very rich', He thought and asked, "Do you have any experience in taking care of kids?"

"No. I'm always the youngest one, even in between my cousins." She shook her head.

That answer made Seung-cheol doubt his decision. "I don't have any other options either." He rubbed his. temples. "Any reason that you would like to take this job?"

"For money." She shrugged. He blinked twice before stretching his hand out.

"You are in."

"Thank you." She shook hands with him.

"I don't have anything else to ask. Do you have questions or something you want?"

"Am I getting five million won for a month?" She asked.

He looked at her then on her mobile phone. "Yes, you are."

"I also want to ask something." She raised a finger.

"Yes?"

"If I find a job difficult, I'll have you increase my pay." She was serious.

Seung-cheol thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"I want words, Mister Choi. It's not a video recording."

"...Fine. I'll increase it." He sighed.

"That's great." She opened her bag and took out a small notepad with a pen. She scribbled on the paper before tearing it and sliding it to him. "That's my number. Text me your address. I'll reach there tomorrow."

"Hmm." He picked up the slip and scanned the numbers with her name written below it.

"Tell me the time. I can reach there anytime." Eunji stood up. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Mister Choi."

"You too, Miss Moon." He crushed the paper in his hand and smiled at her. She also showed him a fake smile and walked out of the room.

***

"No way he offered you five million just for a babysitter job!!" Soomin screamed from the other side as Eunji was sitting in the taxi.

"I didn't want to take the job but he offered me that much money for only babysitting her?" Eunji shook her head.

"Babysitting is only difficult if they are like a very small child, like a toddler. But here, she is a 12-year-old."

"Yes, but we should never underestimate anything." Eunji stared at the view. The area was filled with big houses and tall apartments. She could smell richness.

"You are right. Also, she was kind of annoying."

"Yes, I also need to teach her manners. That was one of his requests." Eunji sighed as the taxi stopped. "I have reached. Bye."

"Bye." They cut the call and Eunji paid the driver.

'Their house is so far away. I need to talk about this to him', She thought as she got out. Her eyes went from her mobile and then to the board written: Golden Cloud Apartments.

"Oh God, let's hope everything goes right." She patted her heart to calm down her nervousness and walked inside.

It took her time to find the building and it was very tall. She put on her earphones and went inside the elevator, pressing the top button.

The top one said 22 floors but it felt like there were more, which made her confused. The more up the elevator went, the more her nervous meter increased.

She walked out of the elevator and there was only one door in the whole area. The nameplate read, "Choi Seung-cheol" in golden color.

Taking a deep breath, she pressed the doorbell.

; UPCOMING ...

"It feels like I'll be stuck on her tail."

"Correct."

"I need a raise."

︿︿︿︿︿

IT'S 13TH CHAPTER WOHOO

My exams just ended today and I officially completed my school life.

Also, I love that DK meme (it's on top)