Chapter 76

"I see you wore it." Seung-cheol almost whispered when he looked at Eunji's wrist. His eyes shifted back to her but she wasn't looking at him.

Eunji shifted her eyes away when she saw Minhae walk away and looked at Seung-cheol but her breath caught in her lungs when she saw him walking to her.

She wanted to take a step back but she would fall downstairs, so she stayed there. Seung-cheol stopped a step away from her.

He looked down and grabbed her forearm to lift it. His other hand was in his pants pocket. His fingers trailed down to her wrist.

Eunji felt shivers run down her back. She almost thought that someone just turned on an air conditioner right behind her back.

Seung-cheol's skin felt her skin suddenly take a different texture when his hand landed on her wrist. A sly smirk formed on his lips.

"It compliments your skin tone." He whispered as he took out his other hand from the pocket and gently touched her wrist.

She would've sworn that it was the only time she felt goosebumps in this way after such a long period of time. When was the last time she was in a relationship to felt something like that?

The ghostly smile on his lips didn't leave as he continued to stare at the wristwatch. His fingers slowly caressed her skin and adjusted the clock.

"Not going to lie but I wanted to be the one to make you wear it." He looked at her but she was already looking at him.

She flinched and quickly looked away while pretending to clear her throat. Seung-cheol's smile fell a little as he felt his heart slowly racing more and more, especially when he spotted a faint blush on her cheek under her glasses frame.

It was extremely faint that it would almost look natural or done by make-up but he knew it because it wasn't the color of her cheeks just a few seconds ago.

"But I got shy and ran away. I'm a coward." He let out a giggle at his own stupidity. His hands slowly trailed down to her fingers.

He again looked down and started fidgeting with her fingers. Eunji closed her eyes, feeling him gently caress her fingers with both of his hands.

"I'll buy you a ring of your size this time."

Her heart skipped a beat and she wanted to slap her hand on her mouth but controlled it. Instead, she clenched her bag's strap with that hand while the other was still held by him.

"You know, we can just switch the rings we have?" She gathered all her courage to ask that question but he suddenly looked at her.

The sudden eye contact between them made both of them feel a twisted feeling inside their stomachs.

"No." He smiled and squeezed her hand. "Keep it like that. I'll buy another."

"Isn't it too expensive?"

"Nothing is expensive when it comes to you." That was the line that made Eunji drop her jaw. She couldn't hold her straight face anymore.

Seung-cheol snorted before throwing his head back to let out a full hearty laugh at her reaction.

"Stop it." She let go of her bag strap and slapped his chest.

"Oh! You hurt my heart." He pretended to be hurt but didn't let go of her hand. She bit her lip and looked away. He smiled to himself because she didn't pull away her hand from his to slap his chest.

"Stop acting like a child. You are literally turning grey." She scoffed.

"Sure." He closed his eyes and shook his head. "You still didn't reject me completely. Your reactions and your acceptance of my gifts still give me hope that you will say yes."