Chapter 77

Wonwoo tapped his feet as he impatiently watched Eunji sip on her third milkshake in front of him. She hadn't spoken a word since they had met.

"Miss Moon?" Wonwoo called out her name for the seventh time but she was staring outside the window while the straw stuck in between her lips.

Wonwoo was getting deja vu of their first meeting.

He let out a sigh and grabbed his phone to do something while she was finishing her drink but,

"Look at you using your phone. This is so rude."

He looked up and raised an eyebrow before speaking, "Aren't you the one ignoring me?"

"But I'm not using my phone, right?" She tilted her head and smirked, "You could've just focused on drinking or nature but you chose to use your phone."

Wonwoo took a deep breath and put his phone aside.

She looked down at his clothes and hummed a little before saying, "This is not a formal meeting. Why are you wearing a suit?"

"Because I like to present myself properly. It's not like a date." He pushed back his glasses and adjusted his blazer.

"Aren't you hot?" Eunji's eyes dropped on his neck and then on his forehead. She could see sweat forming on his skin. "You are wearing a blazer in this warm temperature."

Wonwoo was silent before he quickly removed his blazer. Eunji almost smiled in satisfaction after seeing his frustrated state.

"Fine." Wonwoo loosened his tie and opened the top two buttons of his white shirt before looking at Eunji. "Happy?"

"You know, if I wasn't going out with Choi Seung-cheol you would be the person I would've asked for a date" She said while eyeing his body and then back to his eyes.

Wonwoo felt heat rise up to his cheeks as he looked away and coughed, "Miss Moon, I think this is not the topic we are supposed to-"

Hold on.

"You are going out with Director Choi?!"

"Shh!!" Eunji glared at him and looked around the restaurant but there were barely any people around since it was the time after lunchtime. "Don't yell."

"Miss Moon-"

"That's not the topic I'm here to discuss." She cut him off and Wonwoo had no choice but to not talk about it for now because of the way she was glaring at him.

"Then what is it?" He sighed. "You called me at almost midnight a few days ago and asked me about my payday?"

"Mister Jeon, did anyone tell you that your voice is sexy?" She raised her eyebrows. "Especially that night. It was clear you woke up from your sleep and I was ready to reject Choi Seung-cheol after hearing that voice."

He looked dead into her eyes and said, "Do you need something from me?"

"What?" She gasped. "I was complimenting you."

"Too bad. They won't fluster me much. I'm already going on a few dates with someone." He crossed his arms and shook his head.

"Oh? Who is she?" She asked with wide eyes and a smirk on her lips when a smile formed on Wonwoo's lips.

"She is an employee in the company. Even though we usually argue a lot and are rivals, I still kind of developed feelings-"

The realisation hit him.

"Let's stop. I'm going." He stood up and grabbed his blazer.

"Wait wait, stop!" She broke into laughter and grabbed his forearm. "Sorry." Wonwoo looked at her laughing before letting out a sigh as he took his arm away and sat back to his seat.