Chapter 57

-Present-

He slammed his hand on his forehead when he realized what he should've done.

"Eunji's and Jiyoon's hand sizes are almost the same. I should've given her that ring." He talked to himself and hit his forehead multiple times. "Why am I so embarrassed? Whatever."

He was about to close the box when he heard a voice, "Is this the ring that we bought that day?" It was Jiyoon, who walked to him.

"Why are you here?" He looked down at her.

"I came to ask if you want to eat pizza? I crave some." She smiled at him.

"No."

"Why?" She whined.

"I surely remember that Moon Eunji had banned your junk food in your diet." He rolled his eyes and closed the box.

"Fine." She didn't argue back after hearing Eunji's name.

"Are you more scared of her than me?"

"Maybe." Her answer made him shake his head. "But what about the ring? I didn't see you wear it."

"It's actually your ring." He opened the box and showed her the ring.

"You bought it for me??" She gasped with a big smile and took it out before wearing it on her right hand's ring finger.

"I got the size right." He smiled and she nodded while staring at the ring.

"Meaning you didn't buy yours?" She looked up at him.

"Yes, but I gave it to Moon Eunji."

"Huh? Why?"

"She had her birthday a month ago. I gave it as a gift."

"Oh, I know!" Jiyoon nodded.

"You knew her birthday?" He fully turned his body to her.

"Yes. I treated her to some food and tried to buy a gift for her but she refused." Jiyoon clicked her tongue.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He put his hand on his waist and leaned on his right leg.

"I forgot."

"Great." He rolled his eyes.

"Wait, so the ring she has is your size?" Jiyoon tilted her head.

"Hmm."

"You should've given this one." Jiyoon removed the ring and took the box from Seung-cheol's hand. "That ring is no use to her."

"It can fit her thumb, maybe."

"I don't think so." Jiyoon chuckled. "Our hand sizes are the same. Your fingers barely fit my thumb."

"Whatever. I don't care if she keeps it or sells it. She can do whatever with that ring since it's her now." He turned around and walked away while taking off his coat.

"That's rude, dad." Jiyoon shook her head and put the ring back in the box. She got an idea. "Dad, you can keep this ring."

"Huh? Why?" He asked while removing his tie.

"You know how I lose hand accessories a lot. I would've accepted it if it was a bracelet or necklace. If you still had your ring, I would've thought about keeping it to match." Jiyoon put the box on the table.

"Well, fine then." Seung-cheol unbuttoned his shirt and removed it. Jiyoon's eyes landed on Seung-cheol's neck.

"You know, you can wear it as a necklace." Jiyoon opened his ring drawer. "Where are your necklaces?"

"Huh?" He removed his belt and turned around at her.

"Here." She took out a silver chain. She sat down on the small sofa that was there. Putting down the box, she moved her body to sit on the sofa diagonally.

Her legs crossed and her hands that were holding the necklace were on the sofa. She opened the necklace and took out the small accessories that were on the necklace.

She grabbed the ring and put it in the chain. With a smile, she turned back to her dad and showed him the newly formed jewellery. "See."

"That's so dumb." Seung-cheol walked to her and grabbed the ring necklace.

"You can wear it. We couldn't match but you can wear my ring like this." She said with a cheeky smile.

"Are you trying to sugarcoat me to buy you a pizza?" He squinted his eyes but she just shrugged. "Fine, order a small one but eat only two pieces. The other pieces are mine."

"Okay!" Jiyoon cheered and ran out of the room. Lily walked inside the closet and climbed on the sofa.

"It will look pretty on Lily too, right?" He smiled at the cat who meowed at her name. A chuckle left his mouth at her response. "I'll have this pattern as your new collar."

***

Eunji and Jiyoon entered the house after the badminton academy practice. After drinking water, Jiyoon walked away to her room.

"Louis!" Eunji's eyes went wide in happiness after seeing him. Louis ran to her and climbed on her with his paws on her shoulders, licking her face. "OH-"

Seung-cheol entered the house and walked into the living room. He spotted Eunji giggling as Louis was licking her face. Josh was near her leg, also wiggling his talk.

Louis got down. Eunji bent down. The rays of the evening sun hit something which cast a bright reflection. Seung-cheol looked at the source of the reflection.

His eyes froze when he saw her wearing his ring on her neck like a necklace. He put his hand on his neck. Inside his shirt, he wore the same ring necklace that Jiyoon had made for him last night.

Eunji's eyes stopped smiling when Louis ran away from her. She turned around and saw Seung-cheol standing there, to whom Louis ran. Josh also ran with him.

"Greetings, Mister Choi." Her eyes again formed a smile.

It was like something bursting in Seung-cheol's chest. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't speak. He couldn't move. He couldn't move his frozen eyes away from Eunji's soft smiling face.

Louis's and Josh's continuous barks made him snap out of a trance. "Am I a dog?"

"Huh?" Eunji's smile fell and she tilted her head in confusion.

"You give that soft smile to only dogs."

"Yes, you are a dog. That's why."

"Wow. Thanks."

There was one thing that Seung-cheol didn't realize.

Eunji wore the ring that was his size on her neck as a necklace. He wore the ring that was her size on his neck as a necklace. The rings were exactly the same.

Any fool can just say they are a couple.

; UPCOMING ...

"And that one day, Eunji-"

"Oh, my. When will he stop??"
"It's normal."

"Does he like her or something?"

"Of course, he does."

***

AHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING

Also, I completed Wonwoo fic "Love Talk". Be sure to check it out~