Chapter 78

-A week ago-

"Dad." Seung-cheol stood in front of Jihoon who was sitting on the sofa in his office. The former director looked up at the current director.

"Yes?"

"I know you are here for business matters but give me a few minutes. I need to talk to you." Seung-cheol said as he walked to his table.

"About what?" Jihoon asked as he looked down at his phone.

"It's about Hong Minhae." Seung-cheol looked at his dad who raised an eyebrow after hearing that name.

"What about her? Is she sick?"

"No." Seung-cheol shook his head and leaned back at the table. The nervousness was growing inside him as he tried to keep his voice steady.

"Then?"

"I think there is something off about her."

Jihoon finally looked up from his phone and at Seung-cheol, "What do you mean off?"

"I think there is something wrong with her." Seung-cheol's eyes went wide when he saw Jihoon's face turning into a scowled one. "Let me explain-"

"Do it." Jihoon put his phone on the table and crossed his arms.

"Okay, listen." He took a deep breath. "I get it that Miss Minhae has helped you raise me and is like a second parent to me. You even sent her to my house to take care of me. But..."

Seung-cheol licked his lips and rubbed his arm.

"I don't know, dad. For the past few years, I've been getting strange feelings from her. I don't know how to explain it to you."

"What do you mean strange?!" Jihoon huffed. "She raised you, Cheol. How can you say that?? She is the most trusted worker I ever had. How can you say something like that!"

Seung-cheol didn't know what to say back to his scary father.

"I think it's because she is turning old. She is almost the same age as me and your mom. It must be because of that. Don't you have a second maid for her, huh? I asked you to get her. Where is she?!"

"That's the thing, dad!" Seung-cheol let out a frustrated sigh and looked away while running his hand through his hair. "Miss Minhae accused that maid for something big but I feel like-"

"Do you think she lied?" Jihoon raised his eyebrows and Seung-cheol nodded with hesitation. "Why do you think that?"

"Because she was also genuine. I felt it, dad. She had never done anything-"

"Are you trusting a worker who worked barely a few years over someone who has worked over thirty years and raised you like her own son?!" Jihoon stood up and yelled at Seung-cheol.

"Dad!" Seung-cheol stood straight and frowned. He was running out of words. "It's not like that!"

"Then what, huh?!" Jihoon eyes him with large glary eyes and it made Seung-cheol feel like prey against a predator. "That worker must be the bad one. Do you have proof that Minhae is weird, huh? Do you have proof for your claims??"

Seung-cheol's lips were sealed tight together.

"See!" Jihoon scoffed. "I can doubt anyone but Minhae. How can you do that, Seung-cheol? She even followed you to your house and still serves you in her old age. I'm disappointed."

Seung-cheol wanted to fight back but it felt like there was something stuck in his throat. He was scared. Jiyoon was right. He becomes a small cowardly puppy in front of his father.

"If you are planning to fire Minhae, then you need to talk to me first and you know how I'm not going to budge from my place." Jihoon gritted his teeth. "Bring me proof first."

Seung-cheol watched as his dad gave him a side glare as he walked out of the office. Seung-cheol walked around and dropped his body on the chair.

His mind started to swirl around what he was going to say to Eunji on the date even though he didn't want to say it.

-Present-

"Aren't you Cheol's girlfriend?"

Eunji looked up at the voice and spotted the man she had invited. Her eyes roamed around his clothes.

A pink opened shirt with a white tank top under it. Brown trousers and sandals. A pearl necklace on his neck and a sling bag around his body.

"Not yet." She looked back into his eyes as he walked to Joshua who was sitting across Eunji and sat beside him.

"Yet?" Jeonghan smirked and shook his head as he looked at Joshua who smiled at him. "Want to kiss?"

"When will you stop?" Joshua's smile dropped and he rolled his eyes while turning his head away.

"Come on. You said I was a good kisser." Jeonghan whined and held Joshua's arm before shaking him. "How can you forget our beautiful night when we had a make-out session?"

Eunji was drinking her juice but snorted at Jeonghan's words and covered her mouth while looking away, almost spitting out her drink.

"Didn't I tell you to never bring it up??" Joshua looked at him with large eyes. He was throwing daggers at Jeonghan with his eyes.

"Mister Yoon, are you fruity?"

Jeonghan looked at her coughing and smiled at her reaction and question. "Ah, no no." He waved his hand as he removed his bag. "I'm straight. I was just messing around."

She got flashbacks of what she had witnessed that night and now that new information.

"But I won't deny that we kissed." Jeonghan pointed at Joshua. "He himself enjoyed it."

"Aren't you speaking too much??" Joshua pouted as he slammed his glass down on the table.

"How many of your friends have you kissed?"

"Eunji, that's not what we are supposed to-"

"Oh, I have kissed every male friend of mine." Jeonghan fully turned his attention to the curious Eunji.

"Who is the best kisser?"

Joshua's mouth hung open when Eunji asked that question with a smirk dancing on her lips as she twirled the straw in the glass.

Jeonghan's eyes sparkled and he quickly adjusted himself before saying, "I have kissed everyone but if I have to choose, Joshua got the best lip shape. Seungkwan has the softest lips-"

Joshua slammed his hand on the forehead and when he looked at Eunji, he wanted to slam his head on the table because of how seriously she was listening to him.

"But for the best? It's definitely Seung-cheol." Jeonghan's eyes were wide. "Man got the dream lips of a woman. He can model for a lipstick brand and can get that brand viral. And dude, he knows how to do things properly."

Eunji had a big smile as her mouth hung open.

"Like, okay." Jeonghan sat straight and interlocked his hands together. "We had a proper kiss when we had just turned legal because we were drunk. That man, even though he was a virgin at that time. He was doing that as if he had YEARS of experience. Also-"

"Let's stop!" Joshua slammed his hand on the table. Jeonghan flinched while Eunji looked at him with dead eyes.

"It was getting interesting." Eunji rolled her eyes while Joshua shook his head.

"Let's start the business."

; UPCOMING ...

"The old maid in Choi Seung-"

"No way!"

"I did!"

"Finally!"

"What why?"

***

I love how you all went it's Jeonghan in last chapter LMAOOO