Chapter 64

"I'll start." Joshua raised his hand and shifted in his seat. "When I entered the house, it seemed like they had just started the fight."

"Just how long they were fighting?" Eunji looked at Joshua.

"No idea." Joshua shrugged his shoulders. "But it was serious. Did Eunji tell you about what happened?" He looked at Soomin.

"Uh, yes. She told me a little." Soomin looked away from his eyes.

"But the accusations Miss Minhae threw at Miss Yuhae were very big." Eunji brought up her concern. "Plan to sleep with Mister Choi and ask for money in return? That's disgusting."

"I know Chang Yuhae." Joshua put his elbow on the table and had a serious face. "Miss Minhae always stays behind Choi Seung-cheol, so I spend my time with Miss Yuhae most of the time."

Soomin looked down at her hand while fiddling with her fingers.

"Miss Yuhae has two twin daughters. I met her husband when he came to pick her up. He is very kind and polite. None of them shows any sign of greed. They are happy with what they are getting."

The waiter came with their food and started putting it down on their table.

"Miss Yuhae is not financially stable. Now, they have twins, it's more difficult." Joshua grabbed his iced tea.

"You can save money for the second child after spending on the first child's education but it's difficult to do for two at the same time." Soomin spoke up, this time without being flustered and all serious. "Especially, as a daughter myself, I can tell that they may have more expenses than a son."

"Exactly. You got my point, Miss Lee." Joshua clicked his tongue. "Miss Yuhae has always told me about wanting to give her daughters a good education."

"But what if she did that to have more money for her daughters?" Eunji raised a point.

"It can't happen, Eunji." Joshua tapped the table. "Miss Yuhae has always stayed a meter away from Choi Seung-cheol. Never have I seen her touch him a single time. I have worked more than her here."

"Hmm." The two women nodded and sipped on their drinks while hearing him.

"She has a great respect for him. Yes, she can panic and be clumsy because it's her first time doing this job but she can't do it. Besides, Choi Seung-cheol can't just get...in bed with anyone!!" Joshua almost screamed in the end. "Like, come on! He has a daughter and is a father. He is also a celebrity. He can't just- just do something like that!"

"True." Soomin nodded. "Choi Seung-cheol already faced a very big scandal in the past because of Jiyoon. A scandal of sleeping with his housemaid who is married with children? That will be another big wave in the media."

"It will not only affect him and his company but will get Jiyoon in more danger." Eunji put away the empty glass. "Jiyoon was saved because she was a baby but now, she goes outside to school."

"Exactly!" Soomin and Joshua said at the same time. Soomin quickly covered her mouth and looked away.

"Trust me, no one is more worried and concerned for Jiyoon than Choi Seung-cheol, not even Choi Jihoon." Joshua didn't see Soomin's reaction. "He may not show it but he loves Jiyoon dearly."

"Yes." Eunji gave Soomin a side eye before she realised something. "The dogs!"

"What about them?" Joshua frowned and put down his glass.

"When I first came to the house, they were locked in the room." Eunji tried to connect everything. "They spend too much time in their room..."

"But isn't it where their toys are mostly?" Soomin raised a question.

"No!" Eunji looked at Soomin with wide eyes. "Bumper never liked when he stayed in the room too long!"

"Bumper?" Joshua looked at Soomin.

"Her dog." Soomin answered it for him.

"That name is cute." Joshua chuckled and Soomin again, didn't make eye contact with him.

"The dogs never like being shut in one room. Bumper was just a small dog and he hated it. Imagine it happening with a chow chow and a rottweiler."

"Hold on..." Joshua also connected dots but Soomin was still confused.

"Isn't it weird how the dogs were too sleepy?" Eunji looked at Joshua. "The decoration pieces in the houses are also disappearing."

"You also noticed that??" Joshua's eyes went wide.

"Yes!" Eunji slammed her hand on the table. "The dogs would've instantly sensed who was stealing them but they didn't. Who gives them food?"

"Miss Minhae."

"But who do the dogs love the most?"

"Choi Seung-cheol."

"Yes- wait no!"

"Oh, I mean Miss Yuhae!"

"Yes!" Eunji pointed at Joshua.

"Miss Minhae was drugging the dogs to sleep and stealing stuff." Joshua also pointed at Eunji.

"You got my point, baby." Eunji nodded and both of them high-fived together. Some people around them glanced at them.

"I'll just sit still and listen." Soomin started eating what she had ordered.

"Don't worry, we will explain everything to you." Joshua smiled at her.

'Don't give me that smile, you idiot. I just had my break-up', Soomin thought.

"I bet Miss Minhae must be having trouble stealing because of Miss Yuhae's presence. She purposely did that to her." Eunji nodded with pouted lips.

"Even Lily hates Miss Minhae. She can still come to Miss Yuhae sometimes but oh, man. She has scratched Miss Minhae a lot of times." Joshua looked down at his food.

"Lily knows who is best." Eunji proudly said. "But seriously, it was weird how Louis was sleeping so much."

"Which one was Louis?"

"The rottweiler." Joshua answered her and Soomin nodded.

"Louis is a guard trained and he is trained properly. He is also adopted! They are trained more perfectly!"

"Of course, she drugged him the most." Joshua shook his head.

"Damn, Joshua. We should be detectives. We solved so much in a short time with that short amount of information." Eunji cracked her neck.

"I know right." Joshua whispered. "Detective Hong and Detective Moon."

"The greatest detective duo-" Eunji pointed at him with a finger gun.

"Moonshua." Joshua copied her action.

"Bang!" They said in unison before bursting out into laughter. Soomin also wanted to join, so she also started laughing with them.

"Soomin, why are you laughing with us?" Eunji asked while laughing.

"Can't I?" Soomin asked back while laughing.

"You can." Joshua said while laughing.

And the three of them laughed more loudly. The whole place turned their heads at the trio that was laughing loudly out of nowhere.

; UPCOMING ...

"So, you did all those calls just to ask what to do now?"

"Of course!!"

"Don't tell me you have never bought these things for your girlfriends?"

"No! I did that when I was 20 or something, not anymore."

***

Let's start a cult named MoonShua lol