Chapter 69

"Fine, if you are leaving the babysitter job then I have an offer." Seung-cheol started walking towards her. "I have seen your portfolio and resume-"

"No."

"What the fuck?" Seung-cheol frowned and stopped walking. "Seriously, Moon Eunji?!"

"I already have an offer from a company from France. Not only that, it's work from home." She gave him a smile.

He just stood there with his jaw dropped.

"So. Bye, Choi Seung-cheol." With a wave, she turned her heels and started walking away.

"Wait-" He held his hand out as he took a step ahead. "Let's date then!"

Seung-cheol gasped and slapped his hand over his mouth. He was shocked by his own words. He said those words without even thinking twice.

Why?

Just to stop her from walking away from him?

Eunji's steps froze.

She heard him gasp later and the sounds of his steps were walking away. She instantly turned around and saw him walking backwards with his mouth covered.

"Sorry?" She tilted her head and started walking towards him.

"Don't move!" His other hand moved up to signal her to stop. "Stay there."

"Why?" She didn't stop and just kept on walking. Seung-cheol was speechless. Everything around him was getting confusing.

So many things were happening. Things were moving fast.

And now, the woman he likes was walking closer to him with that same blank face but her eyes were staring right into his eyes.

It was like he was hypnotized by her eyes. He couldn't look away from them which he should do because that stare of hers was just making him more nervous.

His eyes weren't moving away but his steps were walking backwards until his legs hit the sofa. Those nervous eyes went wide because she still didn't stop walking to him.

"Choi Seung-cheol, what happened?" She stopped right a step ahead of him. Seung-cheol's breath hitched when she held the sofa, trapping him in her arms.

The way she tilted her head and dropped her eyes on his hand that was still covering his mouth. The way one corner of her lips curled up.

What feelings do you get when your crush is standing in front of you and teasing you like this?

He surely didn't just think about holding her neck and kissing her right there, right?

But he did something similar to that.

He removed his hand from his mouth and with that same hand, he held her neck. Her eyes went wide when he did that and also grabbed her arm with his other hand.

He pushed her away but turned around and pushed back against the sofa back. A gasp left her mouth at the sudden action.

"Yes, what if I like you, huh?" His eyes were a little wide as he asked that question. "What will you do? Tell the world that The Choi Seung-cheol fell for his daughter's babysitter who might be a little too young for him?"

That was a complete twist of how he was behaving just a few seconds ago.

"Say it, Moon Eunji." The hand that was on her neck slowly moved up to trail her jaw with the thumb and index finger.

His lips were parted as he took a step further, leaving no gap between their bodies. Just like how she was tilting her head, he was now tilting his head with those same droopy eyes as her except, they were staring right into her shocked eyes instead of her lips.