Chapter 71

A month left from Eunji's contract to end as a babysitter. The most unhappy person about that was Jiyoon.

"Miss Eunji, just date my dad please!" It was what Eunji started hearing from Jiyoon whenever she arrived at the house and whenever she was about to leave.

Eunji was done with that.

She was in the kitchen, typing on her laptop. Her attention was fully focused on the screen and she didn't hear the footsteps behind her.

"Miss Eunji?" At the voice, she jumped in surprise and looked behind her to see Seung-cheol standing there.

A smile formed on his lips when they made eye contact.

"Hey." He waved at her but she just rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to her laptop. "Why are you ignoring me?"

"Because you almost gave me a heart attack." She scoffed and continued typing the mail. Seung-cheol stood beside her and looked at the screen.

"Are you mailing to my company?" He asked with the biggest smile on his face. "Did you decide to join my company?"

"I'll see the package first." She bit her lower lip before saving the mail in drafts and closing the mail tab. "I have a lot of companies offering me better ones."

"Hmm." Seung-cheol nodded, feeling sad that he couldn't participate in that because that wasn't his place to decide but maybe, he could try.

"Mister Choi, do you want to try-" Joshua stopped chopping the vegetables and looked at Seung-cheol, who was staring at Eunji.

Not only his eyes were focused on Eunji but he was leaning down and standing close to her.

Joshua shut his mouth and turned around, sucking his teeth to not let out a big squeal after seeing the scene.

But that scene was ruined by someone.

"Mister Choi?" Minhae walked into the kitchen. Seung-cheol looked at her but he didn't move away from Eunji and kept standing beside her.

Minhae was shocked because it was the first time seeing Seung-cheol standing that close to Eunji. Not only that, he was also holding the edge of the chair at which Eunji was sitting. Since the chair didn't have a backrest, his hand was almost near her waist.

"Yes, Miss Minhae?" Seung-cheol asked with a head tilt as he straightened his back. Joshua looked back and rolled his eyes before going back to cooking.

"Uh..." Minhae looked at Eunji who was already looking at Minhae. Eunji gave her a smirk which somehow made Minhae confused. "I just came to see if you are home."

"I just came back." Seung-cheol nodded and loosened his tie with his free hand.

"Mister Choi, please remove the hand from the chair." Eunji turned her head away and looked at Seung-cheol.

"Why? You don't like it?" His eyes dropped down at Eunji with a smirk on his lips. That whisper was loud enough to be heard by Minhae but not Joshua.

"I don't like to do things in front of everyone."

Eunji's words took aback Minhae. That could be taken in many different ways.

"I booked a table in the Red Velto restaurant for tomorrow. Take an off tomorrow. I'll pick you up from your house." Seung-cheol winked at her as he removed his hand from the chair and walked away.

On his way, he removed the coat and put it on Minhae's hands. Minhae looked at Seung-cheol walking away and then at Eunji.

"Miss Moon?" Minhae called out the person using her phone. Eunji looked at Minhae. "What was that?"