Chapter 03

"I'm back!" Eunji panted as she opened her house door and dropped her body down at the entrance only. Her brother came to her and stood in front of her.

"From what did you run? Thief? Monster?" Minghao poked her face with his feet. She slapped away her feet.

"Eunji! Do you want to eat dinner?!" Their mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Tell her I'm hungry." She weakly said.

"Her stomach is full from the bullshit she throws!!" Minghao yelled back while walking back inside.

Eunji grabbed her slipper and threw it at his back. Minghao winced at the impact and turned around to hit her back but the eldest came in between them.

"Calm down, my children." Junhui said with a calm face. He looked at Minghao and said, "We are children of God. We shouldn't hit each other."

Minghao stared at him blankly and slapped his face with the slipper. "Mom, Jun is also filled with bullshit!" Minghao said while walking in the kitchen.

"Language!!" The mom yelled. Eunji sighed while Junhui kept holding his nose.

"How did your interview with Choi Nations go?" Junhui asked while picking up her bag. "What happened to your bag?" He looked at the torn and wet bag.

"It just went like other interviews." Eunji stood up and stretched her back. "Oh, a dog chased me. I used my bag in self-defense but this happened."

"Buy a new one." Junhui made a disgusted face while walking inside with the bag.

"Ho ho ho, my daughter is here!" The bald dad sitting on the sofa started smiling brightly when he saw the only daughter of the house.

She went to him and gave him a side hug. "Hey, dad. How was your day?"

"It wasn't good but now I saw you, it's bright again." He laughed heartedly. She gave him a tired smile. "What happened? Did something happen?"

"A dog did this to my bag." She pointed at the bag on the ground, thrown by Junhui.

"Oh my, it's bad. Here." He opened his phone and went shopping site. "Choose a new one. I'll buy it for you."

"Thank you!" She sat beside him as he put his hand around her shoulder and started to choose the bag.

"Dad, what about my shoes??" Minghao came in with a frowny face as he witnessed the father-daughter bonding.

"You have a job. Buy it yourself." The dad smiled at him.

"That's wrong. You always spoil your princess but what about your prince? Don't we get something?" Minghao crossed his arms. "She also does commissions and is famous. She has money like us."

"What about the new jacket that I bought for you last week? It was twice as expensive as a bag." The dad put down his face and looked up through his glasses. Minghao went silent.

"W-Well, that's different." Minghao looked away.

"Good." The dad diverted his attention to Eunji who was showing her the bags.

"What's happening??" The mom came there with a big bowl.

"The same princess treatment drama." Junhui came behind her with plates.

"Oh my, you both are 26 and 28. Grow up!" The mom shook her head and walked away.

"Grow up." Junhui copied the mom and went to her.

"Mama's boy and dad's princess. Being a middle child sucks." Minghao scoffed and sat down on the floor to get ready to eat.

"Poor you. You don't even have a girlfriend." Both dad and Eunji said the same thing at the same time. They laughed and high-fived each other.

Minghao opened his mouth in disbelief. "I'm done." He threw his hands in the air, got up, and stormed away in his room.

"Come back, eat dinner!" The mom shouted for him as she came back with more dishes.

"I'm not hungry!!" He yelled back from his room.

"Come back, I brought you something!!" Eunji yelled at Minghao and he instantly stood in front of her with his hands out. "Look at this flash. Here."

She took a box from her sweatshirt's pocket and gave it to him. He opened it and saw the ring. "You got it??"

"I gave her money for that." The dad said.

"Thank you, dad!" Minghao ran to kiss his dad's bald head. Junhui and Eunji laughed seeing that.

"Hey, you!" His dad kicked Minghao's butt but still laughed. The mom just chuckled.

***

"How did your arms go like that?" Dino asked as he took Jiyoon's jacket from her.

"Long story short, I helped a few ducklings from a sewer. That young girl helped me. A dog came to attack the birds. I protected them from it. The girl protected me. The dog chased us. Then we got on the car to save ourselves." Jiyoon said while walking inside the house.

"Prepare the bath for her." Dino asked the maid who instantly scurried away to prepare them.

"To be honest, I'm hungry right now." She stretched her arms while yawning.

"No no, you need to wash first-"

"I said I want to eat right now." She side-eyed Dino, who shut his mouth. He looked down at the jacket that was messed up with mud.

"Please wash it." He handed it to a maid walking past. She took it and was about to go away when,

"Yuhae." Jiyoon called the maid out. The maid stopped and looked at Jiyoon. "Wash the jacket separately. I don't want to see ANY damage to that jacket." Jiyoon warned the made with a monotone.

The maid gulped and nodded before quickly walking away.

'We need a babysitter who will teach her basic etiquette also'. Dino thought to himself and walked out of the house

; UPCOMING ...

"Actually, I spilled hot tea on his chest and it burned him."

"You should apologise for that."

"Why should I apologise?"

︿︿︿︿︿

Feels boring, right?