Chapter 48

"Dad?" Jiyoon opened the office door of Seung-cheol without knocking. No one was there. She closed the door behind her and walked to her dad's desk.

Seung-cheol's office bag was still there, meaning he was still in the company.

"The receptionist said that he was seen in the studio." Jiyoon talked to herself and went to sit on Seung-cheol's office chair.

She made herself comfortable on the chair and looked at the computer. Knowing the password, she opened it and went on the internet.

"The child prodigy of badminton..." Jiyoon searched for it up and opened another match to continue watching the match she had left.

She winced and looked at her finger. The cut on the tip of her finger of the left hand was throbbing in pain. She ignored it and focused on watching the video.

But she felt sleepy. She paused the video and stood up to walk on the sofa. She sat on it before removing her cap and laying on the sofa.

"Keep that in mind and-" Seung-cheol opened the door and stopped talking when he spotted Jiyoon laying on the sofa. "Jiyoon?"

"Huh?" Mingyu also came inside and saw the girl. "Isn't it her school time?"

"Yes." Seung-cheol walked to her. Mingyu closed the door behind him. "Jiyoon?"

"I think she is sleeping." Mingyu walked a little closer to the sofa.

Jiyoon was half laying and half sitting on the sofa. One of her hands was under her head as a support while the other was hanging down. Her cap right was beside her hand on the ground.

Seung-cheol bent down to pick up her cap but spotted the cut on her finger. He gently grabbed her hand and scrunched her face seeing it.

"Mingyu, I don't think this cut is from paper or anything small?" Seung-cheol asked Mingyu who walked closer to him and bent down to stare at it.

"No, it's a cut you get when you use a heel to stab." Mingyu looked at Seung-cheol. "I have a sister. I know the pain."

"Heel?!" Seung-cheol almost shouted. He quickly removed her hair from her face as it was covering almost her whole face.

Both of the men gasped when they saw purple and red patches on her face.

"Jiyoon?!" Seung-cheol screamed her name, which made her jolt up from her sleep.

"Dad?" She called him out in a sleepy voice.

"What's this?!" He grabbed her arm and made her sit up.

"Ah- dad! My arm!" Jiyoon suddenly whined in pain. Seung-cheol got more confused because he didn't grab her hard.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her sleeves up, revealing more cuts and the same colored patches that were on her face. "Who did this to you?!"

Jiyoon silently looked at her arm with him. Mingyu had his mouth covered in shock, feeling disgusted while watching her injuries.

"Choi Jiyoon! Tell me right now!!" Seung-cheol stood up and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her.

"Baram..." She whispered.

"Who??" Seung-cheol didn't hear her clearly.

"Soo Baram." Jiyoon finally looked up and made eye contact with him. Seung-cheol felt like his whole world shattered when he saw tears in her eyes, staring at him with such weak eyes.

"Jiyoon." Seung-cheol whispered. Jiyoon quickly wrapped her arms around his stomach, letting out loud cries.

Seung-cheol just stood there, feeling the rollercoaster of emotions. Anger. Sadness. Confusion. Frustration. Anxiety. Every emotion he had ever felt, he was feeling everything at one time.