Chapter 08

"I expected nothing from Choi Nations. It looks just like how everyone says." Eunji pursed her lips and nodded as she walked behind Wonwoo.

"Oh? May I ask what they say?" Wonwoo smiled.

"Kind of mid." Eunji's comment made Wonwoo clench his fists to control his anger.

"You know that you are not the head of the company but a recruit. Your job depends on me." Wonwoo cleared his throat.

"And you also know that you can't reject me." She looked up at him and smirked while watching him take a deep breath and look away.

"Anyways, I want you to eat something. It's lunchtime and it's bad manners to let your guests go with an empty stomach." Wonwoo opened the door of the cafeteria for her.

"Thank you, nerd." Eunji walked inside and Wonwoo was very close slamming the door at the back of her head.

"You can order anything." Wonwoo closed the door behind him and went to her.

"Do the trainees eat special?" Eunji asked, looking at the buffet lined up there.

"It's their diet. They know what to eat and they only get to eat from them unless it's a special occasion." Wonwoo pushed back his glasses.

Eunji looked at the menu and ordered her food. "Oh, he will pay for it." She pointed at Wonwoo behind her, who was talking to a staff member.

The girl on the counter nodded and started preparing for her food. "Did you order?" Wonwoo asked.

"Yes." Eunji nodded and opened her phone to check for messages. Her food came as soon as she tried to reply back. "Well, that was fast."

"Our food is pre-made but it's fresh and is made every morning. You will get anything instantly." Wonwoo proudly said that.

"Thank you." Eunji picked up her food and drink and started to walk. Wonwoo was about to walk with her but was stopped by the girl behind the counter.

"Mister Wonwoo, she is not a staff here so she has to pay but she said you are going to pay." When the girl said that, Wonwoo's smile dropped. "She also ordered the most expensive ones..."

"Just write it down on my budget." Wonwoo sighed and moved his glasses up to rub his eyes.

Suddenly, they heard a loud clatter sound. Wonwoo looked up and saw Eunji standing there but her glass drink was on the floor.

He ran to her and gasped when he saw that her sweater had her drink spilled over it and also on her food. His hand slapped over his mouth in shock.

"What did you do??" He yelled at the young trainee who was standing there with shock in his eyes. "Apologise to her!!"

"I'm sorry!!" The trainee started bowing to her continuously.

"She is our important guest. Don't you have eyes?!" Wonwoo started scolding the boy, who had started to tear up.

"It's fine." Eunji stared at her empty glass on the ground and crouched down to pick it up.

"Miss Moon, what are you doing? We will do it." Wonwoo crouched down beside her but she held her hand in front of him.

"It's okay." She picked up the glass and stood up. Then, she looked at the trainee who flinched and looked down while shivering.

"I-I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'll pay for your drink and sweater." The trainee whipped his tears with his sleeves.

"Hey, don't cry. We are both at fault. None was looking ahead. It's even." She shook her head. "Besides, I didn't even pay for it."

Wonwoo let out another sigh at her last comment. She put her empty glass on the food that was soaking in the drink now.

"So, don't worry." She gave him a small smile and patted his arm. "Mister Jeon."

"Yes!" Wonwoo asked.

"Please don't punish this kid." She looked at him with a glare. "I know what companies do. If you want to repay my loss, then don't punish him."

The boy's eyes went wide and he bowed to her, "Thank you, Miss!"

"You are welcome." She pushed the food tray into Wonwoo's hands. "I'm going to wash up. Where is the washroom?"

"Oh, i-it's on the right side." Wonwoo pointed in the direction.

"My bag is in your hands." Eunji put her bag on the table and walked away towards the washroom.

She was trying to rub the stain away from her sweater while looking down when she reached the door. She was about to look up to open it but someone else opened it.

A man's feet came into her view with cream pants as she was still looking down.

"Thank you." She bowed to the person without looking up and walked away.

Seung-cheol watched as the strange girl walked away without acknowledging him.

"Director!" Wonwoo ran to her while holding the soaked food tray and a bag in his other hand. "What brings you here?"

"Is this a new dish you are trying?" Seung-cheol looked at the tray.

"I... I'll explain that later." Wonwoo licked his lips.

"I came to get coffee but I think something else happened." Seung-cheol crossed his arms as he walked inside. His eyebrows raised at the sight of a trainee cleaning up the floor.

"Just someone spilled their coffee. Nothing else." Wonwoo shook his head. "Why did you come down yourself?? You should've called for someone."

"Mingyu is out getting some cake for me but I craved coffee so I came." He walked to the counter. "I'm going to the washroom after placing the order."

"You can go. I'll place it." Wonwoo instantly ran to him. "I know what you order."

"Really?" Seung-cheol turned to him.

"Yes!" Wonwoo nodded with a big smile, trying to get some points from the Director.

"That's good but she already knows my order." Seung-cheol patted Wonwoo's shoulder. "Better luck next time." And walked away.

Wonwoo looked at the girl on the counter who gave him an awkward smile. He gritted his teeth in frustration and stormed to the dustbin to throw the tray away.

"Sir, you have to pay for her food also." The counter girl said and chuckled when he turned around to glare at her.

; UPCOMING ...

"What are you doing in the men's washroom?"

"It's a women's washroom. What are YOU doing here??"

︿︿︿︿︿

Just Wonwoo being the victim