Chapter 85

"Mister Choi?"

Seung-cheol looked up from his phone and at his room entrance. The door was already opened but there stood Eunji who had her knuckles on the door since she had just knocked while calling him.

"Come in." He put his phone down and sat straight. Lily woke up after hearing the noise since she was sleeping beside Seung-cheol's thigh.

"I wanted to ask something." Eunji walked into the room and towards him.

"About what?" He tilted his head but smiled, happy to see her come to him herself, especially to his room. That might've sounded wrong.

"Can I get off tomorrow?" She asked while scratching her arm. Seung-cheol's smile fell when didn't see her usual straight face but a troubled one.

"What happened?" Seung-cheol patted the area in front of him. "Sit and tell me."

"No, it's fine-"

"I said sit." He cut her off. She wouldn't lie when she felt tingles in her chest after hearing the tone of his voice. It was soft yet demanding.

"Well." She adjusted her shirt as she sat in front of him. "I needed an off tomorrow."

"Did something happen?" He asked, knowing well that she had never asked for an off unless it was related to her family.

"I need to visit a friend in the hospital."

"Wait what? Hospital??" Seung-cheol's eyes went wide at the sound of it.

"Yes. He had an accident, a pretty bad one. I want to visit him and look."

"Is he okay??"

"From what I heard, he seems fine."

"Fine, you can take off tomorrow. Besides, it's Sunday. Jiyoon will be home. I'll take care of her." Seung-cheol brought his hand forward and patted her knee with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you." She smiled and Seung-cheol felt he was on cloud nine after seeing her smile. It made him chuckle.

"Are you going to go alone?" He tilted his head.

"I'm thinking about going with Seokmin." Seung-cheol's smile instantly fell after hearing that name.

"No."

"What no?" She raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to cancel the off because I'm-"

"I'm going to take you there. I'll pick you up and bring you there." Seung-cheol shook his head. She sucked in a deep breath, controlling her laugh.

"Okay. I'll go. I have to go home." She closed her eyes and stood up from his bed but he grabbed her hand and pulled her back down to press a kiss on her lips.

"Just stay here for a little while." He whispered with a smile as he caressed her hand. She felt her heart skip a beat at the softness of his smile but also debated whether to stay or not.

"Fine." She gave in and sat back where she was, in front of it. Seung-cheol bit his lower lip, loving how she had started to give in to his words easily without any question.

"Great."

"What do you want to do?"

"Do you want me to watch something while talking? I want to talk to you." He tilted his head, a smile still lingering over his face.

How she wanted to refuse that offer because she knew that if they started talking then Seung-cheol would stretch out talk way too long just so that she wouldn't be able to go.

She knew him.

But how could she say no to that smile?

"Okay."