Chapter 27

"Where is Mister Choi?" Eunji looked at Jiyoon who was stretching her legs.

"I don't think he is coming." Jiyoon said with a gloomy face.

"What do you mean?" Eunji put down the kit and opened it to take out her shoes and racket.

"He barely comes to any of my tournaments. I think he came to like two or three matches?" Jiyoon sighed.

"Only them?!" Eunji didn't know about that. Back then when she had entered the study room of their house, it was filled with so many awards from badminton. "He never came to ANY?"

Jiyoon shook her head and said, "He is too busy."

"I'm surprised you didn't throw a tantrum for that." Eunji clicked her tongue.

"Hmm."

"But he should've at least come to the first game." Eunji had anger building up in her veins. She knew she had to talk to him regarding that.

"I didn't win the last four tournaments. I know he already lost hope in me." Jiyoon didn't look at Eunji while stretching.

"Listen." Eunji grabbed Jiyoon's shoulders but she still wasn't looking. "You will win this tournament. I can guarantee you."

"Really?"

"Yes, so let's go!"

***

"You did it!" Eunji clapped for Jiyoon who rushed to her right after the first match ended.

"That was so easy!!" Jiyoon smiled and sat down on the chair. "It felt like I was playing with a child. I played with the same girl last tournament and lost so badly!"

"Didn't I tell you you will do it?" Eunji got her knees and removed Jiyoon's shoes to massage her feet.

"Choi Jiyoon." Their coach who was also there came to her. "You did great. Your moves were fascinating."

'Look at him showing his teeth to her when he clearly ignored when we had entered the stadium', Eunji gave him a side glare.

"You must be her babysitter. I'm Jang Hajoon, the head coach." The old man smiled at Eunji.

"Nice to meet you." Eunji didn't look into his eyes and just did a nod. The man's smile twitched a little.

"Well, good luck for your next match." Hajoon walked away after saying that.

"I don't like him." Jiyoon looked down at Eunji still messaging her feet. "I'm good."

"Your next match is in 30 minutes." Eunji stood up. "I'll get you juice from the vending machine. Stretch a little or you will get cramps."

Jiyoon nodded and her eyes followed Eunji as she walked away. Jiyoon's smile fell and she took out her phone.

Going to contacts, she opened Seung-cheol's number. Her thumb hovered over the call button. She pursed her lips and closed the phone.

But right when she closed it, her dad's message popped up. "Your first match must've ended...how did it go?" Jiyoon read the message in a low tone from the notifications.

She closed the phone without replying to it and put it inside the bag.

Eunji put the coin inside and looked around the options for the drinks. She pressed the button and the drink rolled down.

As she was bending to pick it up, a rat suddenly rushed past her hand. She screamed in shock and moved away. A cat rushed behind it.

"What the heck was that?" Eunji held her chest and shook her head. She was already nervous because of Jiyoon and now that.