Chapter 28

"Hey, welcome." Seung-cheol got up from the sofa when he heard the door unlocking and opening. He rushed there and saw Jiyoon and Eunji entering.

"Dad." Jiyoon looked up at her dad.

"How did your match go? I messaged you and also called you but you didn't reply or call back." Seung-cheol worriedly asked.

"I won all four matches." Jiyoon smiled at him.

"That's such a great thing." Seung-cheol patted her head.

"Jiyoon, go and rest. You have four more matches tomorrow." Eunji instructed her. Jiyoon nodded without any questions and went away.

Seung-cheol was also about to walk away but Eunji stopped him,

"Hey, you so-called dad."

"Sorry?" Seung-cheol stopped and turned around.

"I need to talk to you." Eunji folded her arms. "Why didn't you come to her match today?"

"I got stuck with an important thing." Seung-cheol was about to walk away again but Eunji rushed to grab his arm and turned him around to face him.

"That's no excuse!" Eunji raised her voice at him. "Was that more important than your daughter??"

"Why are you getting angry over something like that??" Seung-cheol argued back.

"That's not just something!" She jerked off his arm. "Sending your assistance to look at her match instead of coming yourself? You know how horrible it sounds! It clearly means you don't care to support her but just need to know the result."

"It's not like that-"

"It IS like that!" Eunji sighed and looked away. "You know how angry I was because you didn't come. The first match in a tournament is everything. It would be fine if you didn't attend the other ones but the first one? Why??"

He went silent and just stared at her.

"Have you ever thought about Jiyoon's feelings?" She looked back at him. "Everyone's parents were there to support their child. The first match is very important and the player needs emotional support from the family. You are her only family at this moment."

"I did wish for her properly before she left..."

"That's not enough!!" She almost screamed at that point. Minhae and Yuhae rushed there after hearing the loud voices.

"What happened?" Minhae came forward.

"A parent's presence is enough to show that you care. Not even words can compare to that. I could see sadness in her eyes when she kept staring at the entrance the whole time, hoping for you to come. But who came? Your fucking assistant!!"

"Miss Eunji, calm down." Yuhae came to her and held her arm.

"No, Miss Yuhae. This father figure needs to hear everything." Eunji gently pushed her hand away. "You think giving her guitar lessons every Sunday is enough to show your love for her?"

Seung-cheol knew he shouldn't say anything back right now. He just shook his head.

"Right! I'm also a daughter. I can feel her because I was also her age once. Even my father was a very busy person when I was young but he still came to my matches, even if it was the first one only. You know that feeling when your parents are standing there for you, clapping and cheering for you as you score-" Eunji choked on her words and sighed while looking away.

"Here, water." Minhae came with a glass of water. Eunji took it from her and gulped down everything.

"I think you should rest." Yuhae held her arm. "It's enough. I know Mister Choi has understood. We can talk about this calmly later." She dragged away Eunji, who looked like she would cry because her eyes were red in anger.

"Wait." Eunji stopped and looked back. "Mister Choi, I'm not saying you are a bad father. Yes, you are a busy person. The mothers usually come in matches because of busy fathers. But Jiyoon doesn't have a mother. As of now, you are both her father and mother. Please think about it carefully."

Eunji walked towards Seung-cheol but didn't say anything and walked past him to wear her shoes.

"I'm not hungry. I'll go." She quickly opened the door and went out, ignoring Minhae's calls.

Seung-cheol turned around and walked inside but stopped. He looked at his side and saw his best friend leaning against the wall, who had come earlier to meet him.

"Jeonghan." Seung-cheol called out his best friend.

"I heard everything and I know you are hurt." Jeonghan stood straight and put his hands in his pockets while looking into Seung-cheol's eyes which were red and watery. "I'm going to hurt you more. Whatever the babysitter said, I can't defend you because she was right."

Seung-cheol looked at Joshua standing behind Jeonghan with a glass of water. "I'm going to sleep." With that, he walked away from there.

Louis, who was sitting there silently also rushed Seung-cheol.

"You shouldn't have said that." Joshua looked down at the glass. "He was already hurt. You know how sensitive he is when it comes to Jiyoon."

"But he was the wrong one here and he had been doing that for a long time. One day, someone should've told him that and it was today." Jeonghan grabbed the glass of water from him.

"Now, he is going to drink his sorrows like always." Joshua walked back and stared at the food he had made. "Miss Yuhae, please take Miss Jiyoon's food to her room. She is tired from the game."

Jiyoon was watching everything from above. She watched how Eunji screamed at her and how he walked upstairs while wiping his eyes.

She looked down at her hand that was the handrail and her tears fell on her hand. Josh was beside her legs, making sad noises after seeing her cry.

Her head turned to Yuhae who had come up with her food and a glass of water.

"I don't feel like eating." Jiyoon shook her head.

"But Miss Jiyoon, if you don't eat right now then you won't have energy for tomorrow's games." Yuhae walked to her.

"Put them on my desk then." Jiyoon looked away.

"As you wish."

; UPCOMING ...

"Now, presenting the finale of the Apex Shuttle Spectacle tournament. Jung Yonghwa versus Choi Jiyoon."

︿︿︿︿︿

Went too dark omg

Accidentally made a typo in Pinterest and oh-