Chapter 42

-Present-

"What did it say?" Eunji asked. Seung-cheol took the last sip of the drink and sighed.

"She is leaving the baby in my hands because I got her pregnant and ruined her life. She didn't want a child to hold her back from her freedom and is going away."

"That's such a dumb thing to do." Eunji scoffed.

"Yes!" Seung-cheol looked at her and nodded. "Turns out that I was all wrong about her. She didn't change, at all."

"What about Yumi's parents? Did they know?"

"No, they didn't. They were also angry because she took their money and ran away without telling them. We tried to look for her but didn't find her. We gave up later on." Seung-cheol clicked his tongue.

"Everything aside, I'm glad that Jiyoon wasn't neglected by anyone." Eunji looked down at her fingers, which she was fiddling with.

"My parents love her. Yumi's parents also send her wishes sometimes but they also stopped contacting us later. But I failed as a father."

"Why?!" Eunji looked at him with wide eyes. "No, you didn't. You didn't like her to feel anything less. You don't say no to her whenever she asks something to get."

"Not about that." Seung-cheol shook his head. "During the starting years, I couldn't stay by her side. I had a university, then the military. As soon as I finished university, I took over the company and had barely any time."

"Ah..." Eunji nodded. "I could see. You both have a hard time expressing emotions to each other."

"I hate it. I wanted to be her best friend, with whom she shares her feelings. I want to be someone to whom she comes first whenever she feels wrong and sad."

"Mister Choi..." Eunji pursed her lips when she saw Seung-cheol staring ahead with red eyes. He was almost crying.

"I didn't even know when the years passed in this hectic time. When I finally got time to be with her, she was already too old. I missed the time to be close to her."

"Mister Choi, let me tell you something." Eunji said and Seung-cheol looked at her. "I know Jiyoon also wants to be close to you."

"Really?"

"Yes." She nodded. "You are the only family she sees every day. I'm sure she wants to tell you things she tells me to you as well."

"What things?" Seung-cheol frowned. "Does she tell you something I don't know?"

"A lot." Her words hit him like a knife. A knife of jealousy.

"Oh." He looked away.

"That's because she stays with me almost the whole day. I automatically find out things on my own. Like her struggling friendships, her classroom talks-"

"Struggling friendships?!" Seung-cheol shouted and faced her fully with his body as well. "Is someone troubling her?!"

"Maybe." Eunji gave him a small smile. "But Jiyoon is handling everything well. I can't reveal them to you like this because she trusted me while telling me that. I'm sure she will also tell you."

"Ah..." Seung-cheol nodded and looked down at his lap. He clenched his fists and spoke up, "I even spent the whole Sunday with her every week yet I don't know anything."

"Telling you the truth, it's not enough." Eunji shook her head. "Jiyoon is 12 and will turn 13 this year. She is going through a phase. She will open up. I know she will."

"Hmm." Seung-cheol nodded and stood up. "Thank you for listening to me and suggesting me things."

"You are welcome." Eunji stood up and looked at him with a straight face. "You look like a tarsier with those eyes."

"Ta- what??" He tilted his head.

"A tarsier." She turned and walked away. Seung-cheol opened his phone and searched for the name. All his soft feelings towards her washed away when he saw it.

"This bitch tests my patience every time."

***

"Miss Eunji, where were you??" Jiyoon grabbed Eunji's arm as soon as Eunji came back.

"I went to give your dad some treats but he is still sulking, see." Eunji pointed at Seung-cheol walking to them with an annoyed face.

"Come on, Seung-cheol. Why are you still sulking?" Jihoon shook his head in disappointment.

"Dad is more childish than me." Jiyoon whispered to Eunji and giggled. Eunji nodded and controlled her laugh.

"Whatever." Seung-cheol rolled his eyes.

"Oh?!!" A new voice interrupted them. They all turned their heads and saw a man pointing at them, more like at Eunji. "Moon Eunji?!"

"Lee Seokmin??" Eunji shouted back with a shocked face.

"Yo, girl!! What are you doing here?? It's been so long!" He screamed loudly while walking towards her. He did a small dance in between. He twirled around and held his hand out while bending down, saying, "How is my dear lady doing?"

"Oh my God, you haven't changed." Eunji held her hand in front of her smiling mouth. Seung-cheol side eyed at her smiling ear to ear.

"Yes, my love." He looked down. Eunji suddenly laughed while throwing her head back and put her hand in his. He kissed the back of her hand.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Seung-cheol walked to him and looked down at the new man. Seokmin looked down and flinched at the glaring eyes.

"Choi Seung-cheol?!" Seokmin shouted in shock. He looked at the other side. "Choi Jihoon?? Choi Minjee?!" Seokmin quickly looked at Eunji. "Eunji, what the hell??"

"What?!" Eunji stopped laughing and raised her eyebrows.

"What are you doing in between the Choi celebrities?!" He asked. He was still on his knees with his hand holding her hand.

"Can you stand up?!" Seung-cheol groaned and shook his head. Seokmin quickly stood up and did a low bow.

"I'm sorry for my interruption in your beautiful family time!!" Seokmin shouted.

"Oh my, it's okay." Minjee laughed. "You seem close to Miss Moon, so it's fine."

"She is my girlfriend!" Seokmin looked at Minjee with sparkling eyes.

"WHAT?!"

; UPCOMING ...

"He has no shame."

"Why do you care? It's not like he kissed you."

"You also want a kiss?"

"What?"

︿︿︿︿︿

My bias is here ⊂⁠(⁠(⁠・⁠▽⁠・⁠)⁠)⁠⊃

But as a boyfriend ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ