Chapter 44

"Why is the atmosphere weird?" Jiyoon commented as she entered the badminton stadium after changing her clothes. The group of three kids saw the entrance of Jiyoon and ran to her.

"Choi Jiyoon, did you hear??" Yeongsik frantically asked the confused girl.

"What??" Jiyoon tilted her head.

"What happened?" Eunji also asked.

"The head coach got fired!" Kyungmi said, making both of the girls gasp in shock.

"Yes!" Sunhee nodded. "I shouldn't be happy at this but oh my god, it was for the best."

"Yes!" Kyungmi also nodded.

"Miss Moon." Jane called out as she came beside them and bowed to her. "Nice to meet you again."

"What happened?" Eunji also bowed back. Jane signaled with her eyes to talk in private. Eunji got her point and nodded. "Jiyoon, hold it for a second."

Eunji handed her the kit and walked away with Jane. "I think it was because of Miss Eunji." Jiyoon smiled and looked at Yeongsik. "She had already noticed the wrongdoings of the coach from the first day."

"Oh, is that so?" Yeongsik smiled at her. Jiyoon's smile fell and she cleared her throat while looking away. Yeongsik's happy smile turned into a confused smile.

"It took me months to get to know the truth about the coach." Jane smiled at Eunji. "I took your words seriously and analyzed everything."

"You made him fire?" Eunji asked with wide eyes. Jane nodded.

"I have heard words about you from the players and how you are serious every time you look around. You also pointed at the wrongdoings of the coach."

Jane leaned against the wall and looked ahead at the players warming up.

"As someone who was given responsibility for the badminton club, I need to do it properly. I hired a specialist who observed everything in secret and also said the same things that you had said."

"It must be difficult." Eunji also leaned against the wall beside her.

"And expensive also. I had to get money from my own pocket." Jane bitterly chuckled.

"You should've asked me for help. Choi Jiyoon has connections with the principal." Eunji looked down at her feet.

"It's my responsibility. I had an easier way, I know but what if there was no one like Choi Jiyoon? I would've also done it alone." Jane looked at Eunji. "Plus, I got bonus points in front of the principal."

"That's good." Eunji also looked at Jane, making eye contact with her.

"It was hard to show his true self in front of the others. The other coach we have also supported me when I brought the evidence. It turned out that the head coach was taking bribes from the parents."

"I knew it!" Eunji pushed herself off the wall and faced Jane. "Is he going to be replaced by a new coach?"

"Yes." Jane nodded and also stood straight. "We already sent a warning to the parents who had bribed the coach. I'm a new teacher who hasn't even joined this school for a year."

"Yes, you do look young." Eunji nodded and ran her hand through her hair. "I just know it's not easy to get a job here."

"Of course! Have you seen this school? It's practically a hotel with all good facilities." Jane laughed. "I did my master's degree in a foreign country That's why it was a plus point to get a job as an English teacher."

"You must have worked very hard." Eunji sat on the ground and leaned against the wall. "I have heard that in this school, they don't fire teachers easily. It's almost like getting a safe government job."