Chapter 89

"We are here to visit Choi Hansol." Eunji informed the receptionist while Seung-cheol waited behind her with a mask on.

He looked around the surroundings. He was like a lost kid waiting for his mother to finish taking the appointment.

"Let's go." He snapped out of his trance and quickly jogged towards her as she was walking upstairs. He silently followed wherever she was going.

"Is this the room?" He asked when she stopped in front of a room. She nodded.

"Will you wait outside?" She looked at him. He nodded. She smiled as she grabbed the door handle and opened a little to peek inside. "Yes, it's me. Moon Eunji."

Seung-cheol heard someone calling her as she entered the room and closed the door behind her. He walked back and sat down on the seats kept in front of the room.

"Yes, I'm doing fine, Misses Choi." Eunji nodded as she continued to talk to the elderly woman who was sitting on the small couch with Eunji.

"That's great to hear."

"I'm sorry. I couldn't come to meet earlier because of my work." Eunji bowed to the woman, who reassured her.

"It's fine. I know work can be hard. I'm sure Vernon is happy to see you here." She worriedly looked at the man on the bed as she stood up. "I need to call the doctor. You can stay here."

Eunji nodded as she stood up while the other woman walked out of the room. She walked to her friend who was lying on the bed surrounded by many machines.

"I swear, you-" She stopped and sighed, trying to control the feelings building up inside her. "Seokmin was also about to come but he got stuck somewhere...maybe because of me."

She scoffed with a chuckle as she sat on the stool beside the bed. Her eyes stared at the unconscious body of her friend.

"He doesn't look Korean." She was startled by the sudden voice. Turning around, she saw Seung-cheol standing there.

"Why are you inside?"

"A woman walked out of this room. She asked if I was with you and I said yes. She told me to go in." Seung-cheol shrugged. "Is this so-called Vernon or Choi Hansol?"

"He is half American and half Korean" She looked back at Vernon. "His parents live outside. The one here was his grandmother."

Seung-cheol nodded as he crossed his arms, "Is he also a friend from university?"

"He was Seokmin's friend but we did interact in the university. He was in the video and film department."

"What about Lee Seokmin?"

"He was in the accessory design department. He did the bachelor's degree in business but did the master's degree in accessory design. That way, he could help his dad's business in a better way."

Seung-cheol nodded, taking in the sudden information she was throwing. "It's good that you are...opening up to me."

She let out a laugh at his words. Seung-cheol smiled, hearing her laugh. "That was just the information I have about my guy friends. Isn't it what you man would ask?" She looked at him.

Seung-cheol realised what she was saying and coughed awkwardly, looking away. "You shouldn't say this in front of your friend."

"He is in a coma." She gently grabbed his hand and stroked it. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind our talk. He doesn't look like this but he secretly likes to gossip. He would be enjoying our talks."

"Your friends are weird. Lee Seokmin and now, this."

She just nodded, feeling her smile dropping a little. "Well, I wanted to just see him. His wounds look better than how Seokmin explained to me."