Chapter 66

"Are you okay?" Eunji asked Jiyoon who was putting on a new bedsheet to sleep. "Let me do it."

"I almost shit my pants when I saw blood." Jiyoon looked at Eunji with serious eyes and a pouty face. "I got really scared."

"I know." Eunji nodded and hit Jiyoon with her hips to make her move away. "I brought some snacks for you. Eat them and then medicine."

"Thank you!!" Jiyoon whined and ran to the bag of the grocery store that was kept at the entrance of the room. "Where is dad?"

"He is debating with something."

Seung-cheol was leaning against the kitchen counter while trying to connect the dots of whatever Eunji said.

"Chang Yuhae... Chang Yuhae..." He chanted her name again and again. The tiredness from the office yesterday and disturbed sleep were catching up to him and he couldn't think straight.

With a groan, he threw his hands up in the air and walked away. He was about to walk to his floor but suddenly, walked to Jiyoon's room floor.

The door was a little open. He peeked inside and saw Eunji walking around the bed while Jiyoon was sitting on the chair, eating chocolate.

"Done." Eunji said as she put the blanket down. Jiyoon walked to the bed and laid down. Eunji carefully tucked Jiyoon in and went to throw the empty snack wrappers in the dustbin.

Eunji had disappeared somewhere before she came back with a glass of water and medicine. Jiyoon took the medicine and ate it before drinking the water.

It was like, Seung-cheol never had to worry about Jiyoon whenever Eunji was with her unlike the old caretakers, where he was always worried about her.

Eunji was one of those people who did her job with perfection and without any fault. She took the responsibility of Jiyoon. Wherever she goes, whatever she does and whatever she speaks, Eunji monitored everything and reported to Seung-cheol if there was something missing or wrong.

With a sigh, Seung-cheol walked away from her room and was about to walk downstairs when Eunji came out of Jiyoon's room and spotted Seung-cheol.

"Do you need anything, Mister Choi?" She asked while closing the door of the room and walking to him.

"Uh, no. I was just checking on Jiyoon." He shook his head and looked up at her. She was still standing up but he had walked a little steps, making him look up at her.

"She is doing fine and will go to school in the morning. I already talked about it to her." She crossed her arms. "Did you think about it?"

"Huh? Uh no. My mind is not in the right mind to do it." He looked away from her and scratched his neck. He heard her sigh.

"Forget it. It's like 3 am and you have to work in the morning. Just go to sleep." With that, she walked away.

A few hours passed and Eunji was still awake. She was on the kitchen island and drawing on her tablet.

"Good morning, Miss Moon." Minhae was surprised to see Eunji even before her. Eunji looked up at her and nodded before diverting her attention back to her work.

Minhae gave her a confused glance before walking away. Soon, another person entered. She looked up and saw the person she was looking for, "Hey, do you have Miss Yuhae's contact number?"

***

"Oh, hello Miss Moon." Yuhae stood up when she spotted Eunji coming to her and bowed to her.

"Greetings. I brought some ice cream." Eunji showed the package to Yuhae, who smiled.

It was 11 am and they were in a park. It was school time so there were barely any children around. The park was almost empty.

"Thank you. It's too hot right now." Yuhae nodded as she took an ice cream from Eunji. They sat down on the swings and opened their snacks.

"It's been a long time since we saw each other." Eunji started the conversation and put the rest of the ice cream on her lap.

"Yes." Yuhae nodded with a small smile planted on her face the whole time.

"How is your family doing?" Eunji looked at her.

"We are fine. Just thinking of putting one of our kids for some extra activities. We can't afford both so only one is going." Yuhae sadly smiled.

"I see."

"You wanted to talk about Miss Minhae?"

"How did you know?" Eunji raised an eyebrow and Yuhae chuckled.

"I knew it because I know only you and Mister Joshua will believe me. The Choi family won't do it." Yuhae shook her head.

"So, you knew what she was doing the whole time...?"

"Of course!" Yuhae looked at Eunji and nodded. "I saw things but kept silent because if I tell Mister Choi, it will somehow circle around and I'll be in trouble."

"You should've told me or Mister Joshua!" Eunji bit her lower lip.

"I just..." Yuhae stopped swinging and loomed down at her feet. "I don't know how to tell you."

It was silence for a moment then.

"How should we expose her?"

"Are you crazy??" Yuhae stood up from the swing. "No one will believe you! Even Mister Choi will turn his back on you!"

"Not even cameras?" Eunji's question made Yuhae silent for a moment.

"No." Yuhae shook her head. "That woman is crazy. Didn't you see what kind of accusation she put at me because she noticed that I knew about her things?!"

"I just know Jiyoon will believe me." Eunji looked down at her ice cream. "Mister Joshua is also in this."

"Ugh!" Yuhae sat back on the swing.

"Will you come back to work if Hong Minhae is exposed?" Eunji put back the empty wrapper in the polythene.

"Maybe no."

"Why?" Eunji turned to her and swung her swing a little. "Why not? Don't you need a job?"

"I already have one." Yuhae smiled. "Mister Joshua hired me as his maid instantly on that day."

Eunji blinked in surprise before saying, "Well, that was fast."

"Besides." Yuhae looked up at the sky. "I like it here. Mister Joshua didn't have a maid and needed someone. I stay in his house, clean things and sometimes make food for him since he is too tired from making rounds in Mister Choi's house. He sometimes even forgets to eat food."

"I didn't expect that from a chef." Eunji said and Yuhae nodded.

"Same but I'm happy. He is paying me a high amount because I manage everything on my own, like cooking, cleaning and washing things."

"It's a good thing then." Eunji held a small smile. "But...back to Hong Minhae."

"How about..." Yuhae looked at Eunji with serious eyes and said, "You get close to Choi Seung-cheol. Not in a friendship way but a romantic way?"

"Are you crazy?"

; UPCOMING ...

"Are you redecorating the house?"

"Miss Moon, you almost scared me. I didn't see your arrival."

"Yes, I just arrived."

"I see."

***

I'm going to cry. There are like 400 people who read the new chapter every time it's released-