Chapter 30

"I feel like a beggar just by standing in front of this restaurant." Eunji said while staring at the most fancy restaurant she had ever seen.

"What?" Jiyoon looked at her. "It's not even close to any fancy."

"Besides, I'm paying. Why do you care about it?" Seung-cheol closed the car door and adjusted his suit.

"Nah, I'm not going there." Eunji turned around to walk away but Jiyoon held her back by her arm.

"No, you are going to stay." Jiyoon shook her head.

"Then let's go and eat in a small but good restaurant." Eunji demanded.

"But this is small." Jiyoon pointed at the restaurant.

"Don't tell me you never eat in those iconic small restaurants?" Eunji looked at Seung-cheol, who lifted his arms and shrugged. "What??"

"Don't what me." Seung-cheol crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "I go to those restaurants but Jiyoon never went there."

"Oh my- How can you do this, Choi Seung-cheol?" Eunji slapped her forehead.

"What are you both talking about?" Jiyoon was confused.

"Don't blame me. My parents- her grandparents especially her grandfather will kill me if I take her there!" Seung-cheol argued back. "I know how good those places are!"

"Then let's take her there." Eunji said with a straight face.

"No." Seung-cheol shook his head.

"Yes."

"I swear I'm going to die if my parents ever know about this." Seung-cheol sighed as he grilled meat.

"This place is so small and looks old." Jiyoon said while looking around. "I don't want to eat it. It looks unhygienic."

"Calm down, Jiyoon. You won't die from eating something different." Eunji closed her eyes and shook her head.

"But I'll surely die." Seung-cheol commented about dying for the tenth time since they left that restaurant.

"Are you that scared of your dad?" Eunji frowned. "I grew up watching your father everywhere. I can't imagine him being angry."

"You don't know him." Seung-cheol looked straight into her eyes. "He becomes an overprotective monster when it comes to this girl sitting right here." He pointed the tong at Jiyoon who was still looking around.

"Jiyoon, just try tasting it." Eunji ignored Seung-cheol, picked up the chopsticks, and put the grilled piece on Jiyoon's plate. Jiyoon had a disgusted face but she still picked up her chopsticks and ate them with eyes tightly closed.

"Oh-" Jiyoon's eyes suddenly opened at the juicy taste and she covered her mouth. She liked how the meat just melted in her mouth.

"Told you." Eunji smirked and ate a piece herself. Jiyoon had no words as she kept chewing, so just nodded like an excited child.

Seung-cheol's phone rang but he was busy dipping the meat piece into sauce. With his instincts, he accepted the call and put it beside his ear.

"Hello?" He asked while stuffing the food in his mouth. "WHA-" He accidentally gulped down the whole piece in one go, which not only got stuck in his food pipe but also burned his throat.

Both of the girls watched as the man coughed while hissing and slapping his chest. "Want more?" Eunji ignored Seung-cheol and put the meat piece on Jiyoon's plate.

"D-Dad, what are you doing there??" Seung-cheol cleared his throat and almost shouted. The girls chewed on their food and watched Seung-cheol panicking.

"What?? You told me you are celebrating my Jiyoon's victory!" The voice was so loud that even Eunji could hear it.

"It's the first time I have ever seen him scared." Eunji leaned to Jiyoon and whispered to her.

"He becomes a small scared puppy when it comes to grandpa." Jiyoon whispered back and chuckled, happily eating more.

"That's fun." Eunji smirked.

"A lot!" Jiyoon laughed.

"Where are you- At Gusto Tavern?... No, we actually left from there. Where am I? I'm at..." Seung-cheol went silent.

"At Kimbap Cafe." Eunji continued his line.

"Kimbap Cafe- wait!" Seung-cheol snapped his head at Eunji, who smirked when they made eye contact. He had unconsciously said what she said.

"Oops-" Jiyoon giggled.

"No dad, I'm sorr-" Seung-cheol moved his phone away. The call ended abruptly. "I'm screwed."

"Is he coming here?" Jiyoon asked and Seung-cheol nodded with a sigh.

"That's great." Eunji nodded while drinking water. "I'll get to meet my mom's celebrity crush."

"Wow, what?!" Jiyoon's eyes went wide.

"Didn't I say I grew up watching him?" Eunji looked at her. "My mom made us watch him every day. It was more like she watched him mostly."

"You are basically meeting your childhood celebrity." Jiyoon licked her lips. "Isn't it exciting for you?"

"Not much because after all, he is also a human." Eunji shrugged.

"Well, you are also a celebrity that's why you don't feel anything." Seung-cheol dropped an unexpected bomb for Jiyoon.

"You are a celebrity?!" Jiyoon blinked in surprise. "How? When? In which? How come I don't know?"

"I'm not a celebrity. I just have a few more followers." Eunji shook her head.

"Two million followers are just a few?" Seung-cheol's line made Jiyoon spit out her water.

"What-"

"There you are!!" An old man slammed the door open and rushed inside. Eunji looked at the man limping towards them with a stick because of his old age.

"Grandpa!" Jiyoon opened her arms and the man instantly hugged her.

"Congratulations on your achievement." A big smile formed on his wrinkly face.

'A smile on old people's faces is one of the sweetest things to exist in the world', Eunji thought.

"And you!!" The man pointed at Seung-cheol, who looked away from him. "How dare you bring Jiyoon to this place?? What if she gets sick? What if something happens to her??"

"We eat here often. We don't get sick." Seung-cheol pouted his lips.

"You little-" The man lifted his stick to hit Seung-cheol, who braced his face with his arms. But the man stopped when he spotted Eunji sitting there.

Eunji gave him a small smile when he looked at her.

"Who is she? Your new girlfriend?" He asked.

"Sir, I would rather marry a frog than be this man's girlfriend."

; UPCOMING ...

"I like honest people like you."

"She is too honest."

"Just because I tell the truth on your face makes me a bad person? Then cry about it."

"Jiyoon, I like her!"

︿︿︿︿︿

Dead Seung-cheol