Chapter 50 (Season 1 End)

-14 years ago-

"Another victory for the child prodigy of badminton, Wen Eumeh!!" The two commentators announced at the same time.

The whole crowd cheered for the girl standing on the court with barely any sweat. Meanwhile, the girl on the other side looked tired like she could faint any time.

The winner of the tournament held her head high as she wore the gold medal on her neck and raised her trophy in the air with a proud face.

It was Wen Eumeh, also known as the child prodigy of badminton. It was the name given to her by the strongest badminton player in South Korea.

"Miss Wen! Miss Wen!!" The reporters screamed the little girl's name as she walked on the stage to give her interview.

"Hey, everyone!" The cheerful girl waves at everyone with a big smile. Everyone melted at that smile.

"You got the prettiest smile we have ever seen!!" A female reporter screamed and everyone screamed "yes" with her.

"Thank you so much!" She bowed and sat down. The reporters kept on asking questions and she replied to each of them with a bright face.

"Miss Wen, aren't you Chinese?!" A reporter raised a question. She looked at him. "You have been playing all those years with a Chinese name. Is it true that you fly to Korea every time you play?"

"Oh, no no. It's not like that." She shook her head and waved her hands. "I live here."

"Of course, she lives here." Another reporter said and everyone else laughed.

"My family is Chinese. My elder brothers were also born in China but they moved here before me. I was born in Korea." She nodded.

"I see." The reporter wrote in his notebook and looked up again. "You are a Korean citizen then. But why have you always entered the competition with your Chinese name?"

"It's maybe a funny story." She chuckled and looked at her dad waiting down the stage for her. "My dad accidentally filled in my Chinese name in my first competition. I got known right after that tournament. I kept using the name because I was known for that name."

"But won't it change your identity?" The reporter frowned.

"Why would it? Both are my names." She laughed while throwing her head back. "I like my name."

"Miss Wen, will you also participate in the upcoming nationals?" Another reporter raised her hand.

"Of course, I will!" She nodded. "It will guarantee my place in the national team for international matches. I want that place."

"We know you will win it!" The reporter clapped and everyone else cheered for her.

"Oh, come on. I'm not that special." The 13-year-old winner held her cheeks and blushed. Everyone laughed at her cuteness.

"May I ask your Korean name then?" The earlier reporter asked.

"Oh, it's Moon Eunji."

It was no doubt that the news of her Korean name came out but another news took over that.

It was the news of her beating an 18-year-old player in a practice match, who held a place in the international team she was aiming for.

There was no doubt that that match with the elder player proved all the rumors about her right.

It was about how no one could beat her. She had beaten all the high schoolers in her badminton academy. She also managed to compete neck to neck with her coach.