Chapter 21

"You are always here." Eunji said to Joshua when she entered the kitchen after returning from Jiyoon's badminton practice.

"Correction. You are always here whenever I'm here." Joshua laughed.

"Do you live here?" She sat on the chair behind the kitchen island and watched him do his work.

"I come here in the morning and evening. On the day off of Mister Choi, I also come at lunchtime." Joshua said while peeling the beans.

"Can I peel them?" Eunji pointed at the beans.

"I'm almost done, don't worry." Joshua shook his head.

"Where is Miss Minhae?" Eunji didn't spot the lady who always greeted her whenever she entered the house.

"Today is Friday. She has a half day on this day." Joshua walked to the sink to wash the beans.

"What about Yuhae?"

"She is cleaning the dog's room." Joshua took the cutting board and started cutting the washed vegetables.

"Wait, they have their own room?" Eunji frowned.

"Why do you think you can't see them?" Joshua shrugged. "That room is a playroom for them with their own beds."

"I see." Eunji nodded and took out her tablet from the bag. She opened it and removed the screen pencil to draw. "Can I ask what your age is?"

"I'm 30."

"30? You look young though." Eunji licked her lips as she was thinking of an idea.

"Thank you for the compliment." She could hear his laugh but she was too focused on drawing.

"Did you do any course on cutlery?"

"Yes, I graduated with a degree in that. I worked in big restaurants for a while before Mister Choi hired me as his chef." Joshua sneezed when opened the spices and quickly went to turn on the chimney.

Eunji also sneezed and rubbed her nose, "Sorry, I have a sensitive nose."

"Same." Joshua nodded.

"Why did you start working with Mister Choi? Did he offer you more money?" Eunji spun her pencil in her hand and looked up at him.

"Yes but also because we are friends, so I just said yes when he made the offer." He chuckled.

"Oh, I didn't know." Eunji nodded.

"But the money he offered was big. It made me fly back to Korea to work for him."

"The big chefs earn a lot, especially the ones that work for rich people." Eunji got an idea and looked down to stretch it.

"Oh, they do. At one point if you work for a billionaire, you can be a millionaire yourself." He wore gloves to wash the bare meat.

"Every job can make you rich if you know how to do it properly."

"What you said is true." Joshua hummed and nodded.

Eunji didn't say anything further and focused too much on the tablet. It got silent after except for the sounds of food getting cooked.

"What are you drawing?" A deep voice whispered in her ear. She jumped and looked at her side to see Joshua bent down beside her.

He turned to her and gave her his usual smile. Eunji's heart almost burst out because of how fast it beat at that moment. She instantly got down from the chair and moved away.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He waved his hands before bursting out laughing. Eunji's ears had turned red from embarrassment

Eunji didn't say anything and ran to the stairs to the second floor. When she reached there, she almost bumped into Yuhae.

Yuhae gasped in shock when they almost bumped into each other. Eunji's eyes went wide and to move away, she tried to take a step back but there was no surface under.

She stepped into thin air, causing her to fall back. "Miss Moon!" Yuhae's voice felt like she was speaking in slow motion.

"Oh-" The only words left Eunji's mouth as her body fell back. She closed her eyes, ready for the impact but nothing happened. "Am I already in hell?"

"Shouldn't you say heaven instead of hell?" Seung-cheol's voice reached her ears. She opened her eyes when she felt something on her back.

Yuhae had her mouth covered in shock. Eunji looked back and saw the owner of the house there. Her eyes shifted down and it was his foot that was holding her in the mid-air.

"My sweatshirt is white!" Eunji said with wide eyes and looked at Seung-cheol, who pushed her with his foot at her response. Eunji fell into Yuhae's arms, who held her in place.

"You can't say thank you for saving you. Is that what you will teach my daughter?" He scoffed as he walked upstairs.

"Thank you." She looked down as she moved away from Yuhae. "Where is the dog room?"

"It's there." Yuhae pointed at the door that was beside Seung-cheol's room. Seung-cheol was about to say something but she ran to that door, opened it, and went inside.

Eunji witnessed Josh trying to pull a toy, whose other end was held by Louis. Louis wasn't moving. Josh was putting in the whole effort.

She went to them and sat beside Louis. Louis let go of the toy after seeing Eunji, causing Josh to jerk back. But Josh didn't mind and started playing with the toy.

"We were so close!" Eunji squealed and hugged Louis, still screaming in a low tone. Louis was weirded out cause it was his first time seeing Eunji like that because she always acts cold and cool.

Josh ran to Eunji with a toy ball. Eunji let go of Louis and grabbed Josh's face.

"He is so cute. I can't!!!" Eunji kept hugging Josh's face and scratching him. Josh let go of the ball and started panting, enjoying how she was playing with him while calling him cute again and again.

Louis didn't know how to tell Josh that she wasn't calling him cute but someone else.

The room was sound proof but Eunji had forgotten to close the door fully. Seung-cheol peeked inside through the little gap.

His eyes went wide at her childish behaviour but what shocked him more was her words.

; UPCOMING ...

"What's happening?"

"Oh, a show."

"Did you plan on killing me?"

"I swear it was an accident!!"

︿︿︿︿︿

Can you guess what she said?