Chapter 53

"So, care to explain?" Jiyoon asked. Now, they all were sitting on the sofa. Minghao, Eunji and Junhui on one side. The father-daughter duo on the other side.

"But why are you still here?" Mingyu whispered to Wonwoo as they were still standing there.

"Just keep your mouth shut."

"Explain what?" Eunji asked, playing dumb.

"You turned out to be Wen Eumeh?" Jiyoon slammed her hand on the table.

"But I am Wen Eumeh." Eunji looked at Seung-cheol. "I told him that."

"I didn't know you would turn out to be the girl that Jiyoon watches." Seung-cheol scoffed. "I don't indulge in the badminton world that much."

"Now what do you want?" Eunji looked at Jiyoon.

"Why didn't you tell me that you are The Wen Eumeh? I always talk about her. You always ignore me whenever I ask why you know so much about badminton-"

"Wow, stop there. Too many questions." Eunji held her hand up. "I just didn't tell you because my badminton career as Wen Eumeh is now a dark past."

"What do you mean?" Jiyoon frowned.

"I got injured in a match. Didn't you see that video?"

"I don't think I did."

"Eunji, that video was not uploaded on the internet." Junhui whispered to her. "I think it was taken down by some bigger authorities to protect you."

"What does it have to do with me?" She looked at him with a questionable face. "Anyways, I got injured in the semi-final. In the finale, my injury got worse and I had surgery."

"Surgery? Was it that worse?" Jiyoon worriedly asked. Eunji stood up and lifted her leg.

"Here, mark from the surgery." She pointed at the long line that was on her leg. "I had never worn shorts or skirts in front of you, so you didn't see."

"You couldn't play after surgery?"

"Yes but." Eunji sat back down. "I won't be as good as I was. So, I just gave up and took a path in the arts field."

"But you are also famous there." Wonwoo said and everyone looked at him.

"Why are you still here?" Seung-cheol asked. Wonwoo just nervously smiled and bowed.

"Maybe, I was meant for that." Eunji shrugged. "Everything happens for a reason."

"Yes because you get to meet us." Jiyoon smiled. "I'm happy for that."

"That's so sweet." Minghao put his hand on his chest.

"Who gave you permission to eat that?" Seung-cheol looked at Junhui, who had silently grabbed a doughnut to eat.

"Why do you care?" Eunji looked at Seung-cheol.

"I paid for that." Seung-cheol looked at Eunji.

"Actually, I paid for that." Wonwoo raised his hand.

"He is my budget card. So, these are my doughnuts." Eunji crossed her arms.

"What is she saying?" Mingyu whispered to Wonwoo who had a painful smile.

"Nothing."

"I need a proper introduction of your brothers." Seung-cheol leaned back and crossed his legs.

"Oh, pardon for that. I'm Moon Junhwi, also known as Wen Junhui. The eldest. I work as a software engineer at Google."

"And I'm Moon Myungho, also Wen Minghao. I work as a software engineer at Apple."