Chapter 36

Eunji almost screamed but covered her mouth to not wake up Jiyoon. She stared at the disgusting liquid on the ground with a shocked face.

"Oh my GOSH!!" She yelled loudly and cringed with gritted teeth. Her hands hurried to grab Seung-cheol and rush him to his room and then to the washroom.

He threw himself on his knees in front of the toilet and kept throwing inside there. Her hand slammed on her forehead while trying to think of her next move.

"Mister Choi, remove your clothes first." She grabbed his coat as he had his head leaned on his hand which was on the edge of the toilet.

Carefully removing it, she quickly moved away when he threw up again.  "Water..." He said in a weak voice.

She went away to grab a glass from his room and went back inside. He gulped down the whole glass and sighed.

"Are you fine?" Eunji asked while throwing the coat in the basket that was kept there.

"Can't you pat my back as I threw up??" He panted while screaming at Eunji, who was standing far away from him.

"In no way, I'm getting close to your stinky body." Her words made him sigh again.

"I hate you." He slowly got up and limped towards the door.

"I hate you too." She politely said as he walked past her.

Following him, she watched him put a passcode into a door and open it. When he walked inside, she peeked a little and saw that it was his closet.

"Why do you have a passcode in your closet?"

"Just for safety because my accessories are not cheap." He said while removing the gold watch from his wrist and putting it inside a drawer.

"Valid." She walked away and out of his room but came into view of the art that Seung-cheol had created. She turned around and went to the closet where the cleaning products were kept that she saw from Yuhae.

***

"What are you doing?" She flinched at the voice and turned around to see Seung-cheol leaning against the wall, right beside his room's door.

"Cleaning your mess." Her eyes tried so hard to stay into his eyes and not shift down. It was because he was wearing the night pants and an open robe over it. No shirt.

"That's not your job." He crossed his arms, which covered his upper chest but flexed his thick arms.

"I can't just leave the mess like this." She shook her head and pushed the mop into the cleaning machine. "The whole house will stink."

He kept silent for a few seconds before walking behind her. Her eyes froze when she felt his arm coming from behind and grabbing the mop.

Since Eunji had moved her sleeves up, their bare arms were touching each other. "You have done enough." His voice was hoarse which made his voice deeper, especially when he was almost whispering those words.

"Please maintain your distance." She moved away from him as he took away the mop. "You are still drunk."

"I'm not-" He hiccuped and burped with his mouth covered.

'He is just drunk. Of course, he wouldn't walk like this in front of me', She thought and took away the mop to give the floor one last wipe.

She picked it up and rushed away. He stood there, scratching his cheek while being confused at why she suddenly rushed away.

"Oh God." She fanned her blushing face with her hands. Her ears were completely red as she walked inside the laundry room.

***

"Miss?"

No answer.

"Miss Moon?"

No answer.

"Miss Moon Eunji!!"

"What??!" Eunji jerked up when a person her name screamed right in her ears. She opened her eyes and saw Minhae standing in front of her with a worried face.

"Why are you sleeping in the living room like this?" Minhae asked. Eunji picked up her phone and it was 4:30 am.

"I-" Eunji rubbed her eyes and yawned. "I stayed here because Mister Choi hadn't come. I couldn't just leave Miss Jiyoon alone. So, I stayed."

"You should've slept in the guest room." Minhae said as she walked away to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water.

"I did think about it but then...I just slept here." Eunji sighed and thanked her for the water. "I also came down to pick up my bag but then, I felt too sleepy and slept."

"When did you sleep? Your eyes are so red." Minhae bit her lower lip.

"Probably at...uh...2 am?" Eunji remembered what happened last night and how hectic it was, especially everything.

It was a lie. She slept at 3 am because she couldn't get Seung-cheol's image out of her mind for a whole hour.

"You barely slept for three hours. I should ask Mister Choi for an off for you." The old woman was about to walk away but Eunji grabbed her shirt.

"I'm fine." Eunji shook her head.

"No no, it's fine. It's Sunday and also, Miss Jiyoon has a week off for her final exams. It will be fine." Minhae nodded and walked away.

Eunji opened her mobile to call her father about staying in the house. She had dropped the message late at night but didn't call.

"Here." Minhae came back with a blanket as Eunji was talking on her phone.

"I'll get going, father." Eunji cut the call. "Thank you, Miss Minhae."

"It's okay." She said in an old man's accent. Eunji liked her care. "For now, sleep here. Your eyes are so red that it feels like they are crying blood. Just lay down and sleep."

"What about Miss Jiyoon-"

"I'll wake her up today. You haven't had a proper off since you started working here for months."

"I don't know how to thank you " She pouted with a smile and laid backdown. She happily snuggled up in the blanket.

But the image of the incident with Seung-cheol flashed in front of her again, especially his body.

She slapped her face to forget everything and concentrate on her sleep.

; UPCOMING ...

"Delete that picture."

"No."

"Do it."

"What will you do if I don't?"

︿︿︿︿︿

Did I finally write romance :0