☆"Me or Her?!"☆

[ Angst ]

( TW: Argumentive Behavior ! )

---------

"All I want is for you to look at me, the way you look at her!" Johnnie shouted as he held his tears back.

Jake turned to face Johnnie, not expecting the sudden outburst. His face softened as he looked at him. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't give me that bullshit!" Johnnie shouted. "The way you look at her!" He repeated, his heart aching for his crush to realize, but Jake was too oblivious.

Jake looked at Johnnie with a puzzled expression. He was clearly confused about what was going on. "What are you talking about?" he asked, trying to figure out what Johnnie was getting at.

Johnnie shakes his head, stepping back as he sniffles a bit. Tears falling down his face.

Jake stepped forward and wiped the tears from Johnnie's face. "Hey, hey, hey..." he said softly, "It's okay... you can tell me what's wrong." He gently pulled Johnnie closer to him, wrapping his arms around him in a comforting embrace.

Johnnie felt worse with Jake's arms around him. He sniffles and breaks out of the grasp. "You don't get it... you'll never get it. Because," he paused. "I finally came to accept the fact that you will never think that I'm good enough for you."

Jake was taken aback by Johnnie's words. He had never considered that Johnnie felt that way. "Johnnie..." he said, his voice filled with concern, "Of course I think you're good enough for me. You're amazing. I'm the one who doesn't deserve you." He stepped closer to Johnnie again, reaching out to take his hand.

"No you don't get it!" Johnnie slaps Jake's hand back. "I'm sorry but I'm done waiting! You love Tara and you don't love me!" He admits his feelings in distress.

Jake's heart sank as he realized the truth. He had been so caught up in his own feelings for Tara that he hadn't even considered how Johnnie felt. He was silent for a moment, processing everything.

Finally, he spoke, "You're right. I do love Tara. But I love you too. It's just... complicated."

Johnnie looks at Jake now with shock. "Wait.. you have feelings for me..?" He holds tears back, makeup streaming down his face.

Jake nodded, feeling guilty for not having admitted his feelings earlier. "Yes, I do. I've had feelings for you for a while now, but I was too afraid to say anything. I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"But you're with Tara." Johnnie shakes his head. "Stay with her, because I'm done waiting." He turned his body and started to walk up the stairs.

Jake reached out and grabbed Johnnie's arm, stopping him from leaving. "Wait, please. I know I'm with Tara, but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings for you. Can we just talk about this?"

"No!" Johnnie shouts, heartbroken. "You can't tell that I'm in love with you because you were too busy loving someone else to notice me."

Jake's face fell as he realized how much pain he had caused Johnnie. "I'm so sorry, Johnnie. I should have paid more attention to you. I know I can't undo the past, but I promise you that I will make it up to you. I want to be with you. Please give me another chance."