☆Dissociation☆

[ Jake is overstimulated/nonverbal and has been dissociating and Johnnie notices ]
TW: Dissociating, depersonalization, derealization!!!

--------

Jake has been quiet all day, which is completely strange and off the radar. Usually he's more goofy, outgoing and silly towards Johnnie. But today, he's just on his phone, his head tilted down as his eyes are glued onto the screen.

Johnnie noticed that Jake was on his phone and seemed distant. He walked over to him, his emo boots making a loud sound as he walked. "Jake? Is everything alright?" He asked, sounding concerned.

Jake heard the sound, and his voice. But didn't respond. He lifted his head and 'looked' at Johnnie, but he was actually staring at a wall. (He looked past Johnnie's head.)

Johnnie's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he noticed Jake staring at the wall. He gently tapped Jake's shoulder to get his attention. "Hey, Jake... What's going on?"

But Jake wasn't listening, he wasn't responding. His eyes had a hazy overlook to them.

Johnnie became increasingly worried and gently shook Jake to get him to snap out of it."Jake? Jake, are you alright?" He asked, sounding panicked.

Jake blinked a few times, but his gaze remained at the wall. "Mhm." he hummed a response.

Johnnie sighed in relief and sat down next to Jake. "What are you looking at? The wall? Why are you staring at the wall?" He asked, sounding genuinely curious.

Unresponsiveness came into reply, as Jake's eyes looked droopy and such.
Johnnie was starting to get a bit frustrated and annoyed, but he kept his composure. "Jake, please answer me. Why are you acting like this?" He asked, trying to get some kind of response out of Jake.

A soft grunt came into reply out of Jake's throat, before his head turned and looked at the other wall across the room. Avoiding to look at Johnnie now.

Johnnie felt a bit hurt by Jake's refusal to look at him, but he decided to let it go. Jake was in a trance, his eyes just staring at the walls, his phone, the coffee table, the clock, the tv, the floor.

Johnnie tried to get Jake's attention again, but he was completely unresponsive. He was starting to worry that Jake was experiencing some sort of mental breakdown.

Johnnie nodded and tried to guide Jake to his room, hoping that he would be able to snap out of it in a more comfortable environment. "Come on, Jake. Let's go to your room."

Walking with the emo, Jake is hardly blinking, as he hears the sounds of their footsteps walking down the hallway, and he hears Johnnie's voice, but doesn't say anything.

Johnnie leads Jake to his room and sits him down on his bed. He takes a deep breath and tries to remain calm. "Jake, please talk to me. What's going on?" He asks, sounding worried and desperate for an answer.

Jake stared across his room now. The window, his bed, his streaming station, his computer, his lights, a few sensory squishes on the floor, his shoes on his feet.

Johnnie sighed and sat down next to Jake on the bed, putting his arm around him. He was starting to feel a bit helpless, but he wasn't going to give up on Jake."Jake, please. I need you to talk to me. I'm worried about you."