11. First date

~Ryan's POV~

I just couldn't get Valerie out of my head, she's amazing. From the way she carries herself, to her infectious laugh I can't stop thinking about her.
My phone buzzed on the nightstand and I picked it up,

I hope 5:30 at the movies will work for you ~Valerie😝
Me- Yes that will be fine

I hear knocking on the door and groan as I roll out of bed and make my way downstairs to answer the door.

"Did you get jumped?! What happened to your face?!" Levi asked me while I opened the door.

"No I didn't get jumped."

"Well what happened?" He asked coming inside the house. I closed the door and I held my stomach as I walked and I plopped down on the couch

"Valerie knocked me out yesterday."

"What?! What did you do?"

"I laughed at her when she said she was going to box. I thought it was funny because she doesn't look like a boxer."

"So she knocked you out for laughing?"

"She challenged me to take her on in the ring and I underestimated her and bang! She knocked me out, but on accident. She didn't mean to hit me that hard."

"Aww how cute, already your so called baby mama is beating you up and you haven't even had sex with the girl yet."

"I know, already starting off with a strange relationship. But with just being with her for the short time, we really connected. Not just on a sexual level, but on a mental level."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're serious about her."

"Yes I am, I know it's only been a day but I feel that deep down we are meant to be."

"My man catching feelings, this has to be a dream."

I laughed, "Whatever, what did you come over here for?"

"Really to see if you still were alive and I guess the answer is barely. So when are you going on your next date with Ms. Valerie?"

"5:30, she wants to go to the movies."

"Oh what are y'all watching?"

"I don't know, I hope it's not one of those chick movies."

"But why not, if she cries she'll have your shoulder to cry on."

"It still won't be worth it, I can't stand those movies."

"I bet if she said I'll knock your ass out again if you don't watch this movie, I bet you'll start liking them movies then." He said laughing

"I think I'll tell her to knock me out, cause I'm still not watching."

*
*
*

I arrived at the movie theater still a little sore from yesterday, so I decided on wearing a plain white t-shirt, black jeans and black Yeezy foams with some aviators to hide my face. I saw Valerie standing at the front with an AC/DC tank top, denim shorts and flip flops. She had her hair down and it was wavy, when she saw me she smiled.

"I was worried you wouldn't come." She gave me a hug and I groaned a little from her squeeze and she stopped and looked up at me.

"Oh I'm sorry, are you still hurting?"

"I'm just a little tender, but I'll be okay. I've had a lot worse."

"Ok as long as you're alright. You ready to watch a movie?"