38. Jeremiah

~Valerie's POV~

[5 months later]

The time has finally arrived, the day I give birth to my baby boy. I'm both nervous and excited for what's going to happen. This will be the first time actually having a baby.

"Come on baby you can do it!" Ryan said encouraging me

"I can't Ryan! It hurts!!" I yelled

"I know it hurts baby, but you can do this!"

"Ok Mrs. Praninsky on the count of three I need you to push.. One.. Two.. Three."

"AAAAHHHHH!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs

"Come on baby push!"

I held on to Ryan's hand and I squeezed it, "AAAAHHHHH!"

"One more push, Mrs. Praninsky keep going."

I dug my nails further into Ryan's hand and I bared down and pushed as hard as I could. The next thing I heard was the baby crying, he was held up in front of me and all I could do was smile.

"Look, you did it Val!" Ryan said kissing me on the forehead

"Congratulations Mrs. Praninsky, you have a healthy baby boy eight pounds, nine ounces. Would you like to hold him?"

"Yes." The doctor cleaned off the baby and wrapped him up in a blanket and handed him to me. He hasn't opened his eyes yet but he was still whining.

"It's okay baby, mommy's here." I soothed. He settled down and his eyes fluttered open.

"Ryan, he looks just like you." I said looking up at him. He smiled down at the baby and I handed him off to him.

He gently rocked the baby back and forth and kissed him on the forehead, Добро пожаловать в мир мой прекрасный сын . Папа всегда буду любить тебя .
(Welcome to the world my beautiful son. Daddy will always love you.)

"Mrs. Praninsky, your mother wants to see you."

"Ok, tell her to come in." I watched as Ryan continued to cuddle the baby and smile at him. Mom came rushing in and almost on the verge of tears.

"Mom, please don't start crying."

"It's just so beautiful! I couldn't stay in the waiting room, I just had to come see you. Aww, look at my little grandson isn't he cute?!"

"Yeah, he's gonna be quite the heartbreaker when he gets older." I said smiling

"What's his name?"

"Jeremiah." I said

"Just beautiful, I can't wait until you have more." She said excitingly

"Woah! I just had that one. I think you're gonna have to wait awhile for the next one."

•*•

After everyone else came and saw the baby, I was cleared to go home. I was so tired that I was ready to get in the bed and go to sleep, but I can't do that because now I have a baby to look after.

Ryan put the baby in the car seat, while I got in on the passenger side. He got in the car all excited and happy, "Today is the happiest day of my life." He said driving

I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow, "You weren't happy when you married me?"

"Of course I was, but today you gave birth to our son. I don't know what else could top that, besides our wedding day."

"I'm glad we made things work for the sake of Jeremiah."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He kissed the back of my hand and held on to it.

We made it home and I was so ready to take a bath. I went to the back seat to get the baby but Ryan gently moved me to the side. "Don't worry about it, I got him. You go on in the house." He handed me the keys and I went to go unlock the door.

I walked in and put the keys down on the table and went upstairs. I heard Ryan coming and then the door opened, he had my emergency bag in one hand and the car seat in the other. He put the bag on the floor and put the car seat on the bed.

He walked into the bathroom and next I heard the water running. He came out and went into the closet while I looked at the baby and stroked his cheeks. Ryan came out the closet with a wife beater and basketball shorts and picked up the car seat. "Where are you going with him?" I asked worriedly

"Come take a bath." He said from the bathroom

I got up and went in the bathroom to see he set the car seat on the bench and he's leaning over the tub. "What are you doing?" I asked

"I'm running you some water. Come on and get in." He said cutting the water off

"I'll wait till later the baby might wake up and.." Before I could finish he silenced me with his finger

"The baby's fine, he's asleep. Now take your clothes off."

"But.."

"Just get in." He said walking off and pulling up a stool and setting it next to the tub and sitting on it. I hesitated at first, but then started taking off my clothes. I eased in the tub and Ryan leaned over to grab the louffa and body wash.

He poured the body wash on the sponge and started washing my shoulders and down my chest. "You didn't have to do this." I said

"I did it because I wanted to. And I know you're tired, so I thought I'd help you out a little bit."

He grabbed my arm and gently washed it and rinsed the soap off and then moved to the next one. "Turn around so I can get your back." I turned around and the warmth of the water soothed my aching muscles. I leaned my head forward as I enjoyed the relaxed feeling.

"Lean your head back a little bit." I felt his hand in my hair as he took down the messy bun. My hair feel down my arms and in my face. Ryan detached the spray nozzle and sprayed my hair with the water. I moaned at the feeling of the water hitting my scalp and releasing the unwanted tension from my head.

He poured a generous amount of shampoo in his hands and ran his fingers through my hair. He massaged my scalp and I felt myself going to sleep as I leaned back against the tub. "That feels nice. I could go to sleep."

"Don't go to sleep just yet, I'm almost done." He ran his fingers through each strand of my hair and washed all the shampoo out and braided my hair for me.

"All done, you can come out when you get ready." He said getting up while putting the stool back and taking the baby back in the room.

I drained the water and I got out of the tub to dry off. I put some lotion on my body and I put on my oversized shirt and shorts and went into the bedroom to find Jeremiah laying on his back in the bed next to Ryan.

I got in the bed and Ryan draped his long arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, "He looks so peaceful." I said

"He does, to bad he won't be like this everyday."

I sighed, "Tell me about it, the long sleepless nights that are ahead of us."

"Try to get some sleep, you've had a long day." He said leaning over and kissing me on the lips

I look down at the baby and Ryan rubs my arm in comfort, "Don't worry about him, you just get some sleep." I scooted over more to my side and I grabbed the blanket and I cuddled up underneath and drifted right off to sleep.