22. Meet the parents

~Valerie's POV~

The weekend has arrived and I'm nervous about meeting Ryan's parents that live in West Palm Beach, I mean we've only been dating for about a grand total of four months and already I'm meeting his parents.

I took Ryan's advice on being myself and I just grabbed the first thing I saw. It was an Iron Maiden shirt, bell bottom jeans and flip flops. Some might say that I look like a heavy metal hippie, but I'm just being myself. I decided to straighten my hair since I had no other ideas of what to do with it.

The car ride was a comfortable silence, but for me I was freaking out on the inside. "You alright over there?" Ryan glanced over at me

"No, why did you let me walk out the house like this?! I have on an Iron Maiden shirt, who even listens to them anymore?!"

He chuckled, "Someone out there does. You're worrying over nothing, my parents are going to love you regardless of what kind of shirt you have on."

"Why did I let you talk me into this period!" He just smiled and put his hand on top of mine

We came to a nice neighborhood with a lot of big houses and mansions. He pulled into a long driveway and then was met with two big iron gates. They opened and we went up another driveway to come face to face with a huge mansion.

I know I must have looked like a kid on Christmas, I was amazed with everything and how beautiful it was

I know I must have looked like a kid on Christmas, I was amazed with everything and how beautiful it was. "I take it you like the house."

"Yes, it's beautiful. You grew up in this house?"

"Yea I did and it's just as nice on the inside as it is on the outside."

We got out the car and I just stare at the house in awe. Ryan comes over to me and takes me by the hand and leads me to the house.

"Remember, just be yourself." We approached the door and he knocked on it

The door swung open and it was a Hispanic lady, "Hey Rosa how's it's going?" He said giving the lady a hug

"Very well Ryan and is this Valerie, the one I've heard so much about?"

"Yes, Valerie this is Rosa."

"It's nice to finally meet you Valerie, you two come in and have a seat."

I was a little confused on what to say so I just winged it, "Same here."

"Rosa do you mind getting dad for me."

"No problem." She went away into one of the hallways while we sat down on the sofa.

"I didn't know your mom was Hispanic and you call her by her first name? That's cool, I wish I could do that, I'd be like, yo what up Vickie."

He started laughing and again I was confused, "No sweetie, Rosa's not my mom she's the maid."