78. Welcome to Mississippi

~Valerie's POV~

I was so dreading this trip, I really wish something big came up like, one of the kids got so sick that we had to stay and take care of them, that's just how bad I didn't want to go. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my family, but there is somethings I'd rather not be apart of.

I stared out the airplane window as I watched the clouds zoom by, Ryan had came and sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me and settled his head on my shoulder, "What are you thinking about?" He asked me

"Going home."

He sighed, "We talked about this, why don't you want to see your family so bad."

"It's not my family that I don't want to see, it's someone from my past that I would like to keep in my past."

"Who is it?"

I shook my head, "You don't wanna know."

He looked at his watch, "I've got nothing but time and we're not going anywhere, anytime soon."

I looked out the window again and sighed, "Okay I'll tell you. It all started when I went to college, there was a guy named Malik and he was best friends with my cousins from Mississippi, that's how we first met. I didn't know he was going to the same school as I was, but during that time we came closer together and then we eventually started to date. It was wonderful in the beginning, he was my first boyfriend, someone I can call my own. I was smitten with him because he was nice to me and we seemed to get along fine. He was the first one to take my virginity and it was lovely, I never felt something so amazing in all the days of my life. As our relationship went on, I wanted more out of him rather than his usual eight minutes. Soon that number went down to five and even on some nights three! I thought to myself that I was the one that was asking for too much, maybe if I could just lower my expectation level and not expect him to please me in thirty minutes. Needless to say, it never happened and the sex got worse. There were times were I wanted to go next door to the guy who was actually putting in some work, I would get so jealous because I could hear the girls whimper and screams and I wanted that but I'm in bed laying like a dead horny fish because my boyfriend can't go past five minutes. Through temptation, I stayed faithful to him and I reassured myself that things would get better. One night I went out with my friends because Malik said he had to go out of town somewhere so I left and I came back late that evening, I headed for my room that I shared with a new friend that I had made and her name was Alaina. Anyway, I get to the room and I open the door and before me I saw Malik going at it with Alaina, even when he saw me standing there, he didn't stop. I just stood there shocked because my so called friend and boyfriend are having sex right in front of me. I was in tears and when he got up to leave he told me that I was worthless and he should've left me a long time ago. He said that I couldn't please him like he wanted me to and that I asked for too much out of him. I left the room to go cry my eyes out in the bathroom, everybody knew we had broken up and every time he saw me, he always had to rub it in my face at how happy he was with her. It never failed, and this happened all the way through college, every chance he got, he threw Alaina in my face and flaunted her around me for those agonizing four years and that is why I would rather not go to Mississippi, because I know he's gonna be there because he is still friends with my cousins."

"That shouldn't matter anymore, yes it was a sad and hurtful thing that happened to you but you've moved on in life. The only reason he said those things about you was because he knew what he had, he knew that he had a great woman right in front of him and he just didn't know how to handle you. That is the major difference between me and him, he is nothing but a fuckboy and I am a man, a man that knows what he has in front of him and knows how to please his woman. So don't hang your head down for something that happened years ago, because as far as I'm concerned you've won. You got everything you ever wanted and more, so if you do see him, you make sure to throw that right back in his face."