72. Sneak out

~Valerie's POV~

With Jeremiah staying with his grandparents and Lilly still asleep in her crib, I take this as the perfect opportunity to sneak out and go with Tristyn to the pole dancing class. When I got home yesterday, I was gonna let Ryan know that I thought about going, but I didn't want this to be one of those long drawn out conversations that ended with me getting upset and all so I just decided I'll go early this morning when he's still asleep himself and also the baby.

I had my hair pulled back in a low ponytail and I had on a Nike sports bra, matching shorts and shoes to go with. I put an extra change of clothes in the bag along with my phone, some water, a towel and deodorant.

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Ryan asked yawning

"I'm gonna go workout with Tristyn."

"Ok, I'll drop Lilly off with your mom and I'll see you tonight."

"Alright, see you tonight." I grabbed my bag and I headed for the door

*
*

"Glad you could make it." Tristyn said to me as I walked in the building

"I'm glad I came. So, how did you manage to escape?" I asked

She gave me a sly smile, "A mix of Zumba class."

"Just an ole regular workout." I grinned. I got on the floor next to her and started stretching

"You know if they ever find out about this, we might never get to go out again." She said

"I plan to keep mines a secret as long as possible. As long as he sees results, he won't complain or ask any questions."

"I know what you mean, I'll just shake my money maker and he'll forget all about what he was gonna say." She smiled

"Savage!.. Don't hold back either, give it all you got and make him think he got amnesia!" I said and we both laughed

"You are just too much sometimes, till I just can't even deal with you." She laughed

"You know you love me and that's why you keep me around, because I make you laugh."

"The girls are right, you are a comedic genius!"

"No I'm not, I just have good timing. I keep telling y'all, I'm no Pryor or Murphy, but I would like to think that I'm a Chris Rock, yo he makes me laugh so hard every time I pee myself. My favorite will always be Robitussin, the tossed salad man, and smack her with a dick!"

"See what I mean,to me you're like a combination of Bernie Mac, Martin Lawrence, and Redd Foxx."

I looked at her and smiled, "I ain't scared of you, motherfucka!" *Bernie Mac voice*

"Again, too much!" She laughed

*
*

After we had our first day of pole dancing, I was soo sore and a little stiff after we finished. My inside thighs were killing me every time I took a step or I accidentally hit them and I would groan in pain.

I was slow at moving around but I bared through it. I sat down slowly and slowly took deep breaths before I started to move, I knew it was gonna be some pain, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

"Are you alright?" Ryan asked me

I looked at him and tried to put on a brave face, "Yeah I'm fine, just a little sore."

"Oh, so how was your workout at the gym?" He asked eating his food

"My what?"

"Your workout. You remember, you went to the gym this morning."

"Oh yeah! It was good." I said trying to hide my obvious lie

He looked at me weirdly, "Are you sure? You act like you don't remember. Anyway, since you're all pumped up why don't you and I go wrestle around for awhile and see who wins." He smiled while he grabbed my thigh

I groaned in pain and he took his hand away, "Are you sure you're okay? All I did was lightly squeezed your thigh."

"Yeah I'm fine. Today at the gym was leg day and so my legs are just kinda tender right now."

"You could've told me that, how was I supposed to know your legs are hurting, my bad. You want me to rub them for you?"

"No, no. That's alright, I just need to move the soreness out myself."

"Next time tell me these things, so I won't accidentally put you in a Sharpshooter." He smiled

"And when you do, I'll reverse it and put you in a Figure Four and I'll make you tap out." I boasted

"Look who's talkin? When you get un sore, I want you to try to make me tap out which will never happen, but at least you'll put up a good effort." He shrugged

"You just be ready for me because I'll be on you so quick, you won't know what'll hit you and before you'll know it, you will tap out. That I know for a fact."

"Do you remember what happened the last time you challenged me to something, I seem to recall a certain someone passing out because they couldn't handle me."

"That was then and this is now, besides this is completely different. I know for a fact, that I can make you tap. I took Judo for five years, I know what I'm doing." I said confidently

He threw up his hands in defense, "Ok, whatever you say. I'm just gonna remain quiet and keep all comments to myself until it's time."

"You're not psyching me out when you say that, I know you Ryan, you're just as boastful, and cocky as I am."

He smiled and shook his head, "Like I said, not a word."

"Ok fine, you keep quiet. I won't bother you anymore, but you just know that I will win." I said eating my food and he chuckled

"Laugh on all you want, I will be the one who laughs last."