20. Bad news

When Valerie woke up she was all alone on the couch. She looked around and didn't see anyone or heard anyone. She sat up and looked on the coffee table to find a note,

I have some clothes for you in the bathroom upstairs. Food is on the stove if you're hungry and Sierra is upstairs sleeping.
❤️NateTheGreat 😊

In a time like this, he still manages to be an egomaniac Valerie thought to herself. She got off the couch and went upstairs to the bathroom for a much needed shower. She let the water cascade down her body and massage her tense muscles.

~*~ ~*~

She stayed in the shower longer than she expected but felt a whole lot better than yesterday. She went in the kitchen and got a glass of water because she wasn't all that hungry. She wondered off to the backyard to sit by the pool, but she saw Nate sitting in the lounge chair with his feet propped up. He had on some aviators with his shirt unbuttoned showing his bare chest and shorts with no shoes.

She walked over to him and he had his head leaned back in the chair, she thought he was sleep because of how still he was. She went to touch him but he lifted his head, "I thought you were sleep." She said

"No I just had my eyes closed, I felt like someone was watching me so I lifted my head. Did you sleep okay?"

"A little, but I'll make it day by day."

"Did you get you something to eat?"

"No, I'm not all that hungry." She said looking down

"Valerie you need to eat something. I know you don't feel like it, but at least try to eat something."

"I will, right now I just don't have an appetite for anything."

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Last time I looked at the clock it was 9:30"

"Ok, they should be here any minute."

"Who?"

"Debra, Mike, and Kamoren"

"Debra, and Mike?! Jarred's parents?! Why are they coming here?!" She asked panicking

"Don't worry, I got it all covered. So no need to worry."

"Ok, I'll just go with what you got, because I have no clue about how to go about this situation."

"Good. It's real simple, all you got to do is agree with whatever I say."

"That shouldn't be too hard. You said Kamoren is coming too right?"

"As far as I know, she is supposed to come."

"You know she won't pass up an opportunity to see you, she loves you."

Nate laughed, "It's simple infatuation, I don't know if I would call it love."

"All I know is, she has strong feelings for you. Every since you two met, she's had a burning love for you."

Flashback - 12 years ago

During this time, Nathan had just moved back home with his dad and sister after spending almost two years living with his aunt. It was a weekend and he had his friends over to the house after they played some basketball at Andrew's house.

"I'm thirsty, do you mind giving me a drink?" Dre said fanning himself

"Yeah me too man, and bring some chips while you're in there." Andrew said sitting on the couch next to Dre