118. Game Time

~Valerie's POV~

"One more set and then that'll be it for today."

I did my last leg curl of the day and I'm ready for this to be over, but I'm not going to give up like I normally would've because I've been too tired in the past but I'm pushing through today.

"All done. How are you feeling?"

"Well, I feel alright today. I'm just in a good mood." I said

"You're about to be in an even better mood because you don't have to wear the boot anymore or use the crutches unless you want to."

"Yes! I knew being an athlete would come in handy one day, quicker to heal, double the time." I said happily

"But you do have to wear this brace if your ankle starts to swell or if any type of pain may occur. It's best to have it on if you're going to be on your feet for a long time or do any kind of exercise until everything is back to normal. And that will be it for your therapy unless you have any complications or it gets worse."

"Oh goody! This is the best news I've gotten in awhile. I don't have to come back." I said all excited

"Very good work and take care." She said as she handed me the ankle brace

"I will." I said leaving with all smiles and happiness. I walked over to Ryan who was sitting in the waiting room reading a magazine. "Guess who doesn't have to wear the boot anymore?"

He looked down at my foot and smiled at me, "Aw good for you, I'm proud of you."

"I'm so happy right now, I could just dance or maybe run a marathon and never stop, just keep running."

"Well go on and dance sweetie, you deserve it." He said getting up

"Absolutely not, I'm not going to over do it. Especially not in this outfit, I would look like a mental patient if I was to start dancing right now."

He tried not to laugh, "No I don't think so, just do a little something

He tried not to laugh, "No I don't think so, just do a little something."

"No! I'm not so you can laugh at me and go tell Nate because I know you two talk about me." I said walking away and he followed trying not to smile

"No bae I don't talk about you, but you know how your brother is I just don't engage." He snickered

"Exactly, and I know how you are to, so don't act all innocent." I said

                                  •

~Omniscient POV~

Who would've thought, Jeremiah and Diana were having their first game on the same night. Valerie dropped Diana off first and stayed around until Ryan made it, he didn't tell her he was coming and he wanted to surprise her. After that Val went back to the house, got the kids and went with Jeremiah to the game.