56. Thanksgiving

~Valerie's POV~

               Thursday     5:30am

I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, wash my face and brush my teeth and head downstairs to start cooking. Ryan is stretched out all over the bed and snoring his head off and the baby is still sleeping as well.

I let the turkey sit out overnight so it could thaw out. I first started with the rice and macaroni because it won't take me no time to get them going. Next was the ham that I cut into slices and set them in a pan and put them in the oven.

I washed the turkey, based it with some oil, put some seasoning on it and put it in a pan. I chopped up some vegetables and put it in the pan with turkey. I turned the rice down to a simmer and then I started on the banana cream pie.

Next was the dressing or with other folks stuffing, to me it's dressing, but to each it's own. After chopping up all the necessary ingredients, I slide it on in the oven with the turkey, mac n cheese and ham. I opened up a can of green beans and put them in a pot, and I started on making from scratch mash potatoes.

After a good majority of the food was close to being done, I started on making some peach cobbler. Just thinking about eating it, makes me wanna dance. I took the ham, and Mac and cheese out of the oven and slide the cobbler in next. I put foil over the macaroni and ham and set them on the counter.

The rice, mashed potatoes, and green beans were done, so I turned the eyes off and just let the food stay in the pots. I cleaned up all the dishes and pans I messed up and neatly put them back in the cabinets.

By this time, the cobbler was done and the turkey was done as well. I wrapped everything up in foil and placed the turkey on top of the stove and the cobbler on the side. I wiped down everything for the last time, then I cut the light out and went back upstairs and got back in the bed. On the nightstand it reads, 7:15. I already knew that I was definitely going back to sleep.

*

I woke back up at around ten and got a bath and got the baby up as well. I put the food in the oven and turned it on low and I turned the pots on to a shimmer. Ryan was in his shorts and t-shirt while Jeremiah was hobbling around the room on shaky legs.

"After while he won't need you to hold his hand." I said

"I know, I probably won't be able to catch him then." Jeremiah held on to Ryan's finger as he graciously moves around

"Well the food is ready, whenever you're ready to come get some."

"Oh good, come on Jeremiah let's go this way." He lead the baby to the dining room and I got his high chair and put him in it. I already fixed him a bowl of food and I set it in front of him so he could feed himself.

"You gonna let him feed himself?" Ryan asked

"For a little while, I want to see if he can get the gist of what he's doing."

"Okay." He said walking off in the kitchen. I gave the baby the spoon and he slammed it down in the potatoes and brought it to his mouth, but missed half of it by getting it on his nose. I wiped it off with my finger and he grabbed my finger and bit down on it

"Ow! That hurt." He wouldn't let go so I pulled my finger back and all he did was laugh

"That's not funny, my fingers are not hot dogs, you cannot eat them." Ryan came back with a plate full of food, a bottle of hot sauce and a beer

"Well did you save me any?" I asked while he poured the hot sauce on his food

"Yea for now, but if you don't get something there's no guarantee I might not eat it." I get up from the table and I go fix myself a plate.