single sex classes

Updated 22/3/17

"since when was waterloo road, a private school" I asked my mum in the car park "well its not" she said "you sure about that, single sex classes sounds very private school to me" I said "it was Mr meads idea" mum said "why doesn't that surprise me" I said as Eddie chuckled mum glared at him and he shut up " what's that meant to mean" "it means that your the head and he is no longer the deputy yet he knows how to get his ideas across to you" I said "i hope you not suggesting that im sleeping with him" she said "you what" Eddie said "no, im suggesting that he fancies you and we all know why he stepped down from being deputy and he knows how to flatter you" I said "Sophie, Mr mead does not fancy your mum" Eddie said "sure, whatever" I said walking off.

I met Lauren and Amy in the school yard "boys to Mr mead and girls to Mrs fisher" "this is unbelievable" I said to myself. "how come your mum isn't out here" Lauren asked "meeting, or something" I said "the reason we are doing this is too help you with your grades" mrs fisher said "yeah, cause my grades are ever so bad" I said to lauren to smirked "well, mason probably wants you getting all A's" she said "please I have one D which is maths the rest are above C" I said "i smell bullshit" I said. Once we got inside I found jess in the hallway "thought bex was coming back?" I asked her "yeah, well it looks like it was too much for her" she said walking off. At break I found bex "oi becky I thought you weren't coming in today" I asked her "i wish I never did now" she said "whats that meant to mean" "some creep, kyle stacks I think he touched me up in the cooler" "you what, that's creepy as hell, look you need to tell someone your mum or something" "i will" she said as she walked off.

"you and me need to talk" I said as I sat next to bex in the common room "why" I asked "because, jess is worried about you and so am I, you went missing for two years and I understand that you don't want to talk about it but.... look bex its not easy not for us, not for you hell we don't know what you went through and if you want us to help there's only one way in doing that, you have to talk to us" I said "why cant you just all leave me alone" she said storming out as tom walked in I put my head in my hands and he walked over to me massaging my shoulders "are you okay" he asked "no...do you ever feel like your getting no where with someone....there just so shut off from the rest of the world its pointless trying" I said "correct me if im wrong  but weren't you like that once, didn't want anyone to know about your dad and the abuse especially your mum so you lashed out" he said "you think something happened to her, while she was away" "i don't know but I do know that it looks like she had a tough time and she need all her family around her, even her annoying cousin who keeps pestering her all the time" "you think im a pest" "darling....you care that's why you do it, even if your annoying sometimes" he said "shut up" I said hitting him in the arm as he leant down to kiss me "ill see you later" "yeah, enjoy your classes" I said "don't even start with that ill be having a word with Rachel about this" he said "boys?" "yes...definitely the boys" he said walking out of the common room leaving me all alone.

I was sitting in Spanish with jess when bex came running in with kyle setting a dog on her. The whole class ran out as miss Montoya stayed in the class as Jonah wrestled the ground and the dog went for miss Montoya bex ran out and ran straight for aunt Karen crying in her arms "come on bex, lets go get a cup of coffee or something" jess said as we walked into the canteen and sat at a table. when Karen came over and sat next to jess "as for you bex you can spend the next week in lunchtime detention, for serious accessions" she said "im sorry mum" she said "damn first day and you've got detention already" I said "sophie" my mum called from the door "coming" I said "ill see you two later" I said as I headed to the door off the canteen "how about we go out for tea" she asked as she put her arm over my shoulder "yeah" I said "just the two of us, its been a while since we've had mother and daughter time" she said "depends, on where we go I want a big greasy burger with fries" I said "burger and fries it is, with a strawberry milkshake" she said "my favourite" I said as we headed out in the car park to see the dog being put in the back of a van "whats happening there" I asked "the dog is being put down for being a dangerous animal" she said as I watched the van drive away and couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for kyle.