Baby

A/N this is based on the episode where Maxine's baby is found in the ground although I am changing it to Sophie's baby instead of Maxine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edited: 8/3/17

Janeece decided that she wanted to carry out some dig to find fossils and according to her she found some bones in the ground of the school "as if" said Max who was in denial "yeah, I agree with Max" I said "you okay Soph you seem distracted today" said Max "im fine" I said walking off and leaving them alone.

During first period my mum came in with Mr Lawson this must be serious "there's been a baby's body found on the ground of waterloo road, there will almost be certain an investigation to find out who the mother is, I want you all to be quite clear, this is not a witch hunt if and I know its a thing, if a girl in this school is the mother of this baby I want her to know she mustn't be afraid to come forward, whoever she is, she must be feeling very scared and very alone. I cant say enough we are here to help we're not here to accuse or punish and if any of yous have any worried you can come see me or Mr Lawson's or Miss Haydock or any member of staff for that matter" she said as she made eye contact with me, I feel sick  the bell rang and we left for next period.

Break time came around and everyone was talking about the baby and even used it as a excuse not to do any work "do you think Mika looked dead worried this morning" asked Janeece "didn't everyone" I said "its great this DNA test thing isn't it, I mean they'll be able to find out the mum dead easy" she said "they cant make you do a test if you don't want to" said Max "yeah they can if it helps with the police inquires, police can force you to do anything I think it would be good if they make every single woman on this estate take a test, id volunteer, what about you two" said janeece "i don't know, what if they find out loads like if you've done drugs" said Max "but you've been clean for ages Max" I said "yeah, what about you Sophie" said Janeece "maybe, I don't know" I said as I starred off into the distance "what's that meant to mean" said Janeece "i wish you wouldn't of started this stupid dig, then none of this would of happened maybe you should mind your own business for once" I said before walking off.

At lunch I stood and watched outside the window as the police examined the area where the baby was buried. Janeece and Max came up to me "she must of felt like crap, the mother" said Janeece "she might of been to loaded on drink trying to forget she's pregnant, she's young so young" i said as the tears fell down my face "there going to lock me up, im going to go to jail, what's my mum going to say" I said through the tears Janeece put a reassuring had on my shoulder as Max put her hand on my arm reassuringly.I felt as if I was dizzy as if I was going to pass out " I need some air" I said

I sat on the bench in front of the school crying when my mum came and sat next to me "Sophie, max told me.." "its true it was my baby" "why didn't you tell me as I nearly accused another girl, you know you can tell me anything" "it was me I buried the baby" "but why" "does it matter, im a murderer as good as, how could I tell you, tell you that I was pregnant with his child I was twelve and pregnant and  I was ashamed so I turned to drink I partied i thought that I could forget it, that's when I got involved with Abbey, fell of the rails a bit, as so as I went back to live with you, how could I tell you that my dad raped me repeatedly and got me pregnant I just thought  that it would go away. We had just moved here and i felt the baby coming i didnt know what to do , it was dark  I was hoping someone for anyone, i was just passing ,but there was no one around, dark and then it came out, it just lay there, didn't breathe or cry, nothing it was so small, had little toes and little finger tails...I didn't know what to do" I said as mum pulled me into a hug, crying on her shoulder.

soon we were in the office Mr Lawson was there in the office and I was revealing all my mum was at my side " when she was born it was early she was like a little doll. when she was born I wanted to be such a good mum to her, like mine, I wanted to protect her from him, I wouldn't let him hurt her not like me" "you've been really brave, soph, and if you can I think the girls of this school need to know your story" said mum "i cant" I said "you have nothing to be ashamed of" she said and I nodded "am I gonna get into trouble" I asked mum "no, you've done nothing wrong your not a criminal" she said so there I was standing in front of the class revealing all until my mum took over "todays been hard for all and because of the lack of sexual education, I don't want anyone else to go through what Sophie did, so at the end of today there will be a letter going out about how I will be liaising with the NHS to set up a sexual health clinic at waterloo road" then the bell rang and everyone left.

After a while my mum came back to the office "can we go home" I asked "well im going for a drink with Mr Lawson" she said "can you take me home first" "of course" she said. once I got home I broke down in tears. After a while my mum came home and found me on the sofa crying "soph?" "im sorry" I said "there's no need to be, you've been through a tough day" I nodded "why didn't you tell me soph" "i was twelve when I feel pregnant and I didnt want to tell you about what he did to me, I didn't want you to be ashamed I drank to forget about her but it didn't work I only killed her" "Sophie, no you didn't these things happen" she said "but if I didn't drink" "that doesn't mean anything" "how do you know" "i do, it naturally happens" "i guess" "what would you of called her?" "Freya...Freya rose"