Exist

Dark

Light

Old

New

Near

Far

Faces swirled around in a kaleidoscope of colour. People, just out of focus, people she recognized but couldn't place.

Black

White

Love

Hate

Faces and places. People she'd seen, places she'd been. Through her cloying, dreamy haze she struggled to make sense of it all.

Kill

Kiss

Take

Give...

Nyx sat bolt upright in her bed.
Something had definitely touched her.

She looked around, trying to burn through the dark with her eyes.
Nothing.

Except...

On the edge of her peripheral vision she saw the curtains blowing in the breeze of the open window.
She'd definitely shut that window.

She ran over to the window, peering out into the dark netherworld of the city at night.
She couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.
But it was difficult to tell a cat from a lamppost in this light, or lack thereof.
Was that a person shape on the corner, or just a bush?
She narrowed her eyes at it. Postbox. Definitely a postbox.
Nyx shrugged, pulling the window closed. Tomorrow she'd be ready. She already had a plan formulating in her mind. Tomorrow would be different.
Tomorrow she'd be ready.

On the corner, the boy watched with interest as the frizzy haired girl looked up and down the street, face scrunched up with confusion.
He grinned to himself when she pulled close the window, her eyes shifting through many colours as she went through irritation, slight fear and just generally tired.
He smiled to himself.
She existed.
She'd existed all along, and no one had known.

Comment!