Girls in the kitchen

Rachel just loved having a guest. She fussed around the place like a mother hen, completely enjoying herself with preparing for company.
Travis also liked Owen, though that was probably because it was another male in the house who wasn't basically nocturnal.
Nyx didn't mind him either. He was actually quite fun to be with and interesting to talk to.
What she did mind was Selene pushing her to make it something more.

"For the last time, Selene, I don't find your cousin cute!" She hissed loudly at Selene whilst helping prepare potatoes.
"Then why do you spend so much time talking to him, huh?"
"Because I actually wanted to hear his opinion on the movie."
Selene smiled knowingly. "Uh huh. I got you."
"Um, apparently you don't. We aren't even really friends. I'm just being nice."

Travis walked in. "Who's not friends?"
"You and privacy."
Nyx chuckled at Selene's brashness. "Trav, don't worry, it's not important. So, what are you up to?"
He shrugged. "Currently, looking for food. I'm hungry."
"Dinner will be soon. What are you doing with...?" She gestured to the front room.
"Oh, you mean the guys? Well, Nick challenged Owen to a call of duty marathon, so I'm getting the snacks. This is gonna be epic!"

Selene giggled and nudged Nyx. "It's amazing how excited guys can get over a few pixels."
"It curbs their violent caveman instincts and means they have to use fewer braincells."
Travis objected. "I'll have you know that gaming is actually  very mentally taxing!"
"Oh, we know. Chips are in the cupboard. No, not that cupboard, the other one. The one I'm pointing to! Left! No, I said left! Finally!"
The girls laughed as Travis finally located the chips, snacking their heads in mock despair. "Have fun destroying computer animated enemies!"

Who else already finds Owen irritating even though he hasn't done anything yet? And he's my character!