Movies

"... it's not physically possible. I don't understand."
Nyx rolled her eyes. "Stop taking it so seriously. If you don't get it, just assume that the Force did it."

"That's another thing. What's the Force supposed to be? Magic?" He furrowed his brow, staring at the TV in confusion.
"Actually..." Nyx mused. "I think it's supposed to be like some kind of religious power... I don't know, it's the Force, just roll with it."
"I just don't understand it."
"No one does, really. Look, do you want to watch it or not?"
"Yeah, it's great!"

Nyx giggled. It was so fun introducing him to Star wars.  She could see he was enjoying it, even though every two seconds he had found some flaw to point out or some question to ask.
That was fun too, debating the pros, cons and plausibility of each point in a playful argument, often causing them to have to rewind large chunks of the film because they missed it whilst picking apart one tiny aspect.

Eventually, they just curled up on the floor, backs leaning against the sofa, munching chips.
Sebastian sighed. "Is this just what your life is like?"
Nyx shrugged. "Not everyday. Just the weekend. And usually I'm alone."
"Why's that?"
Nyx counted them of on her fingers. "Nicks nocturnal, Mum works, Travis supposedly works, Selene don't like the same stuff as me, Abby's too young and I'm avoiding Owen. Suddenly we're out of people. I don't mind. We do other stuff together."

Sebastian grinned, his eyes distant. "I like your family. You're all so..."
"Bizarre?"
He chuckled. "Kind of. But you're all so... It's like, you're not a picture perfect family, but it's better because you're all so interesting and different and you still care for each other so much... I'm not good at this, am I?"
Nyx chuckled, laying her head on his shoulder. "Sounded alright to me."