So bad

Sebastian followed the shape at a distance, trying to decipher what it was.
Lady Mater had so many weird and wonderful beings staying in her mansion, it could just as easily be the cleaning lady as a Draugr. That would be embarrassing, hunting the cleaning lady.

Nyx had definitely got to him. He never used to think like this. It made him happy, actually, that his mind could wander from the task in hand. Made him feel human.

Except now it was probably a good time to focus.

And then a twig snapped behind him.

He whipped around.
It was there, he could feel it. He didn't know exactly where, but it was there. Watching him. Hunting him.

This was not good.

Nyx heard something moving through the dark nearby. Fear flitting across her features, she tried to make herself as small and still as possible.
In retrospect, she wouldn't have been much help, having the fear levels of terrified baby rabbit, but it wasn't that she'd actually thought she'd been useful, more that she hadn't wanted to be alone.

She dreaded what could come out of the dark. Draugr? Demons? Lilith herself?

Or worse. Maybe he would come back not himself.

That would be a worse nightmare than anything else that could happen.

"Oh, good God, Nyx. Stop being a wimp. You're not alone. You're not unable to protect yourself. You're going to be fine."

Funnily enough, telling herself off wasn't helping.
Besides, she was alone at had absolutely no idea how to fight. The thing in the caves had been a fluke.

A shape appeared nearby. Nyx huddled down, hoping it wouldn't see her...

"Hey, Nyx, what are you doing here? Are you alright?"

Oh, this was so bad. Not in an you're-going-to-die kind of bad, but still just so bad.

"Err... Hi, Clary."